1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News I can't even imagine the guilt ...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These things have happened across the years; however, we've seen more if it within the last year or so. The ship Costa Concordia hit the rocks, sank, and took over 30 lives, yet the captain lived. Asiana 214, while approaching San Francisco, landed on the rocky embankment, short of the paved runway, and took several lives, injured people, and demolished the plane, yet those in the cockpit survived. More recently, a ferry in Korea capsized and also took many lives, and the ferry's navigational staff survived.

Here's the article on Asiana 214 via a link ...

Asiana Pilots Didn't Understand Automated System: NTSB - NBC News

I often wonder how people who were found culpable of some type of negligence deal with having caused a traumatic event of that level. Generally speaking, we don't hear much about them after these events. I wonder how they cope.

2. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I find your signature very inappropriate for this post XD Interesting enough, though!

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a different side that warrants the signature. Check out my posts on "Saw a Hot Guy Today!"

I happened to see this today and sort of flashed back to all the news coverage it got. I know that airport well. I wonder what things look and feel like for the pilots, the service staff, and the passengers who survived.