1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA Same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Aug 25, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do these people really have nothing better to do? 1 million bumper stickers and yard signs? Ridiculous.

I would actually love to meet these people. Seriousllllly. My blood boils just reading crap like that so I would just love to know their reasons for wasting their time by trying to indoctrinate people to believe in stupid mindless discrimination that they have been led to believe. It's even more annoying they use religion as an excuse for acting like pigs. If religion is true then God can pass judgement on us, not some stupid mortals who get sexual pleasure from crappy bumper stickers because they're narrow minded idiots. GAH, i need to stop typing. *must calm down*

Argh. Fuckers. :dry:

Ok, I'm done.

Edit: Actually, I lied. I just noticed the guy is called Bumgarner. CLOSETCASE MUCH?! No wonder he's afraid of gays, he probably is oneeeeee.

What happens to all the gay marriages if this vote succeeds? My nan has a friend who lives in California and her son has got married over there. Does it mean it no longer counts or they're forced to divorce? :confused:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I read somewhere that the marriages already performed will still be valid. I really think this will fail but its going to take alot of money and volunteers to make it happen. I'd love to take some time off work and go down there.

4. Nodnarb

I think Proposition 8 will fail, but it'll probably be closer than what the polls show. And, at least around here, people hate it when somebody comes to their door and tries to harass them in to doing something, so maybe it'll backfire:wink:

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Once, just once, I want to meet someone who is opposed to gay rights for 100% secular reason.

Children might be taught that homosexuality is okay? What's wrong with that? Not too long ago, people were afraid that their child might be in the same class as a black kid, and now look where we are. Definition of marriage since the beginning of time? I'm not going into cosmology for this post, but the public union of two people far outdates all modern religions, especially Christianity. Preachers might be sued for hate speech? While I'm pretty certain that anyone who disagreed with their preacher on such an issue would simply leave the church, what's wrong with them being sued? The WBC was sued for heavy emotional trauma after they shouted anti-gay slogans, why should preachers get special treatment? I'm really getting sick of these types of people.

6. Level N Human

Hah, glad to see them waste their time. Let's consider the following:

- Anyone who opposes same-sex marriage already don't need these people coming door-to-door. (Useless)
    - Anyone who embraces same-sex marriage is not going to readily change their minds about it and suddenly want to oppress queers. (Useless)
    - Does anybody even ever pay attention to anyone going door-to-door? I know for sure that I nor anyone I've known have ever been converted/bought anything on the doorstep during a 5-minute-spiel by said door-goers. The only exception is donations for trustworthy charities.

Q.E.D

7. Tim

Tim

Apparently they're going around Eureka, had one knock on the door earlier >_> I thought this was centered down south? :confused:

Anyways, they knocked on the door, and asked my take on proposition 8, and I told them, they still insisted on lecturing me, knowing I was gay, which made no sense. So I said, "Be careful, this is the projects, if you say something wrong, things might happen." >_> They left.

Not a threat, but it could be construed as one <_< lol

I said an evil thing to a Jehova's witness once, but I was in a really bad mood, lol, scared him so bad he ran off the porch and into their car XD, His grandma got the joke though -.- I told Mike (Beebo) about it when it happened lol.

#7 Tim, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  8. Derek the Wolf

What is wrong with these people? GRAGGGHHHHH. This is one of those things I simply cannot understand. I love someone. I want to marry this person. Everyone says wonderful!, congratulations!, etc. I say he's a guy, they damn me to hell. See the leap in logic here? How can these people place restrictions on love? It...URRRGGGHHH. Words cannot express... god and i'm not even with someone. I can't imagine what it must feel like for a couple trying to get married in the bible belt. I smell another youtube rant coming on...

9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Young teen non-religious homosexual misanthropic nihilist in the Bible Belt here. Life's a f*cking party for me.

#9 Wander, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  10. MeskElil

:tantrum:
    :bang:

Okay, virtual red-facing done.
    I can't stand these people. The thought that they want to take away love from someone and put restrictions on it is IDIOTIC. How would they like it if suddenly people said, "Oh, heterosexual marriages are immoral because they involve a sharing of love between two persons," how would that make them feel?
    And the title "pro-marriage and children"? Okay, so gays are pro-marriage, for one. And for another, why the hell does the world need more children when there are millions being shuffled from foster home to foster home or being cloistered together in an orphanage with no hope of ever having a family without the beauty of ADOPTION?!?!?! Did they ever think about that?
    Who friggin CARES if the child looks like you or not? "Oh, look, doesn't he have his father's eyes, doesn't he have his mother's lips?" It's pure narcissism! (Yes, I have seen "Across the Universe" one too many times.)
    I'm sorry, this issue bugs me. It's not like it's going to make hetero marriages any less valid or meaningful. And more people will be happy, less children hungry and in need of a home, and maybe life will improve.

*sigh*
    Okay, I'm done now.

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Things like that really make me mad, and I don't get mad that often at all! I encourage everyone in California to go vote and support same-sex marriage. :slight_smile:

12. Fiorino

:roflmao: These people are so pathetic, we should be laughing at them :roflmao:
    Meh-I'm not worried. Of course, they make me angry, but it's not worth my time
    to pay them any mind. Even if they won, proposition 8 is illegal and unconstitutional
    anyway (see 14th Ammendment) and it would be overturned in the future if it
    ever passed. I think i've alread shared my views on people like this, so I
    won't say it again.

Anyway, Let's focus on what we want, and create some positive energy!
    GAY MARRIAGE FTW (!)(!)
    :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:
    :music::music:
    :thewave:

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It only takes one more amendment to reverse that, and lately it seems that no one can decide what counts as constitutional or not. I guess the formal, legal talk is too much to handle for some people.