1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Immigration Reform dies

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by anthonythegamer, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Immigration Reform: Congress Won't Vote? A Changing Electorate Will - Forbes

What do you guys think about this? I think this is going to hurt the Republicans' chances of gaining seats in the 114th congress and the 115th congress, however the impact will be stronger for the 115th congress since voter turnout will be higher.

This bill is something both liberals and conservatives can agree on and supported by at least 75% of the U.S, but Boehner doesn't want to vote on it. I know that there have been many house bills that died at the Senate, although those bills (notably Paul Ryan's budget plan) either had low support from the people or supported by only one side of the political spectrum.

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Boehmer seems like the biggest cunt american politics has seen

3. "I'd rather die than raise the minimum wage," is very self-explanatory about his political views.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    John Boehner is the poster child of a hypocrite. He says he plans to sue President Obama on overreach, but won't do anything to get bills to his desk so he won't have to use executive orders. Unfortunately, most people will believe the economy is the biggest issue this election cycle, and they will think that republicans will handle the economy better (even though that is laughable, since President Obama has the DOW up to a records high and unemployment down to 6%). Even if the republicans win the house and senate in 2014, it would guarantee a democratic victory across the board in 2016.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't hold your breath waiting for John Boehner to get off his ass and do something. When Boehner made his ridiculous claim that he won't have the House vote on it because "The President won't enforce the law," that's code for, "I'm not going to be seen cooperating because then the Black guy would have a political victory."

Seriously, if a Republican wins the White House, maybe as Democrats we should give them a taste of their own medicine. Tip O'Neill gave Ronald Reagan almost everything he wanted as President. He didn't just shut down Reagan's entire agenda, he just gave him whatever he wanted. Why we're so nice to the political party that uses violent, hateful, eliminationist rhetoric to whip up its base is beyond me.

6. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This could hurt Republicans in 2016, but it's probably not going to change much for the midterm elections.

Obama's approval ratings are absolutely terrible, and the opposing party of the president almost always gains seats in midterm elections. Not to mention there's an enthusiasm gap, which is also significant.