1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News breaking news! judge: colorado same sex marriage ban unconistiutional

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by markosss, Jul 9, 2014.

1. markosss

2. Hexagon

Re: ! judge: colorado same sex marriage ban unconistiutional

Another one down, huh? I really don't get why they continue to appeal. I mean, aren't they aware that they don't seem to work?

3. prussianblue100

I knew it. I knew it! (I predicted both Colorado and Nevada's bans would be struck down by the end of the year since they already allow domestic partnerships.)

4. BibleBeltBill

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The even better news would be if the US Supreme Court REFUSES to hear the Utah case on SS marriage bans. Then the issue would be settled by circuit courts, which are granting equality, and states like Utah would have no other option left but to proceed with SS marriage.
    The US Supreme court does not necessarily need to get involved at all for SS marriage equality to become the law of the land from coast to coast. If the highest court refuses to get involved, then all the local pro-equality rulings and circuit court pro-equality rulings would stand and become THE FINAL WORD. Stay's then would lifted, and let the ceremonies begin.
    That is the way I hope this goes, and would be much faster than getting the US Supreme court involved. If the highest court is smart, they will let this be settled state by state, then thru federal circuit courts, and we would have absolutely no need nor desire for the US supreme court to get involved. A state by state and circuit courts handing down favorable rulings is the most solid way to go. And the fastest. We could easily see nation wide marriage equality by next Summer.

#4 BibleBeltBill, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  5. Foxface

It's dizzying...any idea how many states are SS equal now?

6. Tenerife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At this rate, you could have predicted any state and it probably will end up being right.

Im amazed at the pace of these rulings but I think everyone here shares a boiling frustration towards the fact that the mandate gets stayed in every ruling... I realize it's become standard procedure but the judges should realize they're only postponing rights at this point because it's going to come back again down the road no matter what. Still - progress is progress.

Since Pennsylvania's ruling, gay couples can get married in 19 states today. Another 13 states got bans struck down (Colorado included) but the decision was stayed so they still can't get married yet.

#6 Tenerife, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely have that feeling.

It doesn't count until the stays are lifted, or it's resolved by the Supreme Court. And given Hobby Lobby and how the court has been ruling, I have my doubts. They may well just leave it for the states to decide, and let those who wish to keep their bans keep them. Kennedy's rulings haven't been looking too good these days...