1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M, F, T

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by myra, Aug 29, 2008.

1. myra

Aah! So i'm so excited right now! I just activated my account for a student discount card and it asked for my gender. When i scrolled down the choices were m, f, or t. I'm really excited. That's the first time I've seen transgender as an option. I thought it was amazing. I don't know how many other people have seen that yet, but i thought it was pretty cool. Finally its becoming normal. But ya. Saw that and had to tell everyone.

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

When i was testing and filing papers they offered ~omitted~ as an option, its at least a step i guess

3. Miles D

I want a world where no one asks for your gender, and the whole concept of gender norms is thrown out the window.
    I mean really, why should my school, my bank, my work care what gender I am?

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And, as usual, suburban Alabama will be the last to join the line.

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Lol, I live in Massachusetts, and while it may be one of the most liberal states....there are a lot of homophobes here >8( . I can't stand them.

6. MeskElil

Okay, you gotta admit, that is

FREAKING COOL.

I have yet to see it here in Desert-ville, though. I think we beat Alabama for the most homophobes and slow-minded citizens (meaning the stupid politically and/or religiously EXTREME peoples...not a dig on either one, as I am political and religious, but still, I think both can be taken a bit far when it comes to human rights...)

Thank you for posting this, Myra!

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well a few years ago I saw a form which said.

( ) Female
    ( ) Other

But I think it was a mistake.

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd love to hear your story. Anyone who can say they have more homophobes than we cheerful Alabamians is worth listening to.

9. MeskElil

Haha--:slight_smile: That's a story for another day and another thread, unfortunately. I don't want to hijack it.
    The "Other" option is interesting. I can't really imagine seeing it on a doctors slip or whatever. It's cool, though.

10. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That is amazing - I've never heard of anywhere or officialdom offering anything other than "M" or "F". I'm assuming a lot of transgendered people would like to be considered either Male or Female, but to have the option of Trans is great.

Now all we need is an "I" for intersex and an "O" for Other...

11. myra

Confused. Lol. What's Intersex?

12. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Yeah there is more than one type of intersex though I don't know what they are though

13. It's definately a step in the right direction anyway. I think it will come to a point where the options are M, F, MTF, FTM, and I. I hope so anyway, it would make the world seem like such a more understanding place...

14. silentsound

That's great, a major step in the right direction

15. tomfromeds

thats amazing! I've never seen anything like that on a form in the UK :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am impressed!

17. Amy

Amy

when i registered online for gsa(i think it was through glsen) i had to putin my sex, sexual orientation, and gender.

feel freel to correct me if i am wrong, but i am pretty sure that intersex is when you do not recieve XX or XY chromesomes, but you do recieve XXY or XYX, which causes huge a gentetic problem. some intersexuals are born with out any genetilia. others may have mixed signs of both male and female sexes. many intersexuals state that they are male or female, depending on their gender. some will go through life hiding their sex.

personaly, i think it would be halarious to be openly out as intersexual. it would make pe amazing. "guys run first, girls second!" "what about me?"

from what i understand, most places have to ask due to diversity laws. however, there should be a "decline to state" option.

18. Hugo Boss

Is the point of being a "T", to become the other member??
    So why choose "T" if you became a "M"???

19. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What?

20. myra

I think its for the people who haven't gone through the surgery? I'm not really sure. I just thought it was cool that it was on there.