1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News US man claims part of Sudan as his "princess" daughter's kingdom

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aussie792, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, this is not a joke.

So, this spoiled girl has been told that this disputed land is her own kingdom by her deluded father. Even worse, he seriously thinks that
    While I'm astonished and almost admire that this is actually a serious effort on his part, I'm displeased by the attitude behind it. At best it could be an inexcusable mindless insensitivity drawn from absolute ignorance and an extreme example of spoiling children. At worst, it has colonial overtones, especially given that the Anglo-Egyptian occupation of the region is still a relatively fresh memory. As far as I gather, it's uninhabitable and uninhabited, but it's still a land they have no real connection to, and on top of that, it's unreasonable (he wants it to be become fertile agricultural land, even though it's a desert, and expects it to be recognised by serious governments.)

I don't know whether to laugh or not. I doubt it could be considered legally legitimate, and they don't really have any force to back up their claims if they're rejected.

Read more: US man claims African kingdom for princess daughter

2. Jonathan

1.) I don't see travelling across the world in attempt to make your daughter a "real" princess as an act of love...I see it as spoiling her beyond belief and giving her whatever she pleases.

2.) If he really believes his flag is a legitimate claim to the land, he is clearly out of his mind. Even if we accept his reasoning that this was how other nations were started, there's quite a difference between current society and how the world was centuries ago. There is absolutely no hope of his "Kingdom" being recognized by anyone.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could think of near infinite amounts of better things to do than show a girl you will go to the ends of the earth to get her whatever she wants. He misinterprets "whims of a little girl" as "sincere dreams of a mature young lady." They are not the same. -.- More money than sense, as usual. This time a fookin' lot more money.

4. Candace

Um, why would you claim something that's halfway around the world for your daughter? There's clearly better and more practical ways to show father-daughter love, pal. :dry:.

5. Straw_berry

This guy's delusional...Quick, grab him and toss him in the loony bin! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But seriously...with no military force, no country on Earth is going to accept this Nyu~