1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Malaysia airlines

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by C06122014, Jul 17, 2014.

1. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I thought I would share this although these are not my words this is a Facebook post by a news anchor but I didn't know if I could share the link so he wrote this.
    Breaking news:
    A Malaysia Airlines passenger jet with 295 people on board has crashed in Ukraine.
    It’s believed the jet was shot down with an anti-aircraft missile while flying at 33,000 feet. And this is believed to be a piece of the plane.

Bodies and wreckage have been found over an area stretching for several miles. That indicates the plane broke apart in mid-air.
    No one survived.

The plane was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.
    The crash happened in an area where Ukrainian troops and fighting with pro-Russian rebels.
    And each side is blaming the other for what happened.

Several key questions still to be answered.
    Who shot down the plane?
    Why?
    And why was the plane even allowed to fly over that airspace in the first place given the fighting that is going on there?
    In fact earlier this week a military transport plane and a fighter jet were both shot down.

This is the second crash of Malaysia Airlines plane this year.
    On March 8, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, with 239 people on board disappeared.
    The wreckage has never been found.
    But there is NOTHING to suggest the two crashes are in any way connected.
    It appears to just be horrible luck on the part of Malaysia Airlines.

My heart goes out to all the passengers on board both planes and their families.
    And I'm already bracing for those gut wrenching pictures of relatives at the airport as they wait for answers about what happened.

And obviously for the sake of this post I will assume that if you choose to hit "like" it means your heart goes out to the passengers and their families as well.

2. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like a perfect repeat of Iran Air flight 655. In 1988, amid tensions in the gulf, the US Navy thought an Iranian fighter jet was flying overhead, and so they shot it down. The seamen were giving high-fives and such until they found suitcases floating in the water. Turned out they'd shot down an airliner and killed 290 people.

Some are saying it was Ukrainian pro-separation terrorists who used a surface-to-air missile, and the Ukrainian government is insisting that the Ukrainian Armed Forces had nothing to do with it. We'll just see about that.

#3 AwesomGaytheist, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  4. Nick07

I am so sorry. I had no idea up until now :frowning2:

5. DMark69

The Russians have done it too with KAL-007 in 1983.

The Iran Air 655 incident while tragic, was the fault of the crew of the USS Vincennes, and not US Policy. I can understand it being difficult to identify an aircraft 11 Nautical Miles away, but it was apparently squaking a civilian mode III transponder, not a military one.

6. Hexagon

Yeah, this is sad. No irrefutable evidence it was the pro-russian rebels, but it seems likely. Not the smartest thing to do, if you ask me. Shooting down a bunch of innocent people doesn't cast them in a good light.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, this is sure to put another log on the fire of existing tensions.

8. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A Dutch passanger wrote this on his twitter before takeoff.
    "Mocht hij verdwijnen, zo ziet hij d'r uit" With a picture of the plane
    Translated it means: If it disappears, this is what it looks like.

That's kind off creepy if you ask me.

9. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

;o that is very creepy it's like he knew something was going to go wrong, actually now that I think about it I think it might be a little weird that these people boarded a plane owned by Malaysia Airlines, after the disappearance of the other plane that they owned, I believe it was flight 370?

10. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it doesn't sound like he knew something was gonna go wrong, if you ask me. Sounds like he was just having a bit of humor before take off. In Dutch it sounds like he meant it in a joking way, which makes it extra sad, I guess.

11. Aldrick

Not really creepy, if read in context. It was likely a tongue in cheek joke, referring to the Malaysia Airlines plane that went missing.

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

You're right but, the fact he joked about it does make it more sad /.\

13. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    May the passengers rest in peace. :icon_sad:

14. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that it was meant as a reference to the other Malaysian airlines flight.
    Just thought it was a bit creepy that a joke like that actually came to happen.

15. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bad year for Malaysian Airlines, I would not be surprised if the Malaysian Goverment has bail them out

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very, very sad. First and foremost, for all the people. Then, that Malaysian has to have 2 mishaps inside of 6 months.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is terrible. The only thing that could go worse now is if the finger-pointing between the Russians and Ukrainians (be it officials or paramilitary rebels) escalates, the Ukrainian situation could get a whole lot worse.

Malaysia airlines isn't going to go well from this, obviously. Their shares already have fallen, according to the BBC update page on this.

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2014 at 11:43 AM ----------

Malaysia Airlines MH17: Phone tap reveals pro-Russian separatists claiming responsibility for passenger plane downed over Ukraine - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

According to this, Russian Cossacks' communications were tapped and the Russian rebels openly say they shot it down.

One said this: "That means they were carrying spies. They shouldn't be f***ing flying. There is a war going on."

18. Candace

My mom told me about this in the car today. I thought it had to do with the MA 370, but I was like....well geez. May those people R.I.P :frowning2:.

19. Aldrick

Some of the worlds most leading minds in the field of HIV/AIDS research were on the plane. :icon_sad:

I heard it from Andrea Mitchel on MSNBC first, just a few moments ago. I then Googled for a link, and found this at the Washington Post.

So sad. Putin manages to fuck over gay people even more than he already has even in his fucked up accidents.

Here is the IAS statement:

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The whole thing is terrible and suspicious. Considering Malaysian Airlines' bad track record, it really surprises me that people are still willing to fly by them.