1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News support for same-sex marriage is now higher in Australia than it was in any other cou

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by burg, Jul 20, 2014.

1. burg

Poll shows growing support for same-sex marriage It shows opposition to same-sex marriage has collapsed, with just one in five Australians or 21 per cent opposed, marking Parliament as increasingly out of step with the views of the majority of Australians.
    According to the poll, support for same-sex marriage is now higher in Australia than it was in any other country, including New Zealand and Great Britain, when overseas parliaments have passed marriage equality laws.

2. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Re: support for same-sex marriage is now higher in Australia than it was in any other

Awesome! :grin:

3. PrettyConfused

Re: support for same-sex marriage is now higher in Australia than it was in any other

That's awesome! It'll be much better when it becomes legal though :slight_smile:

4. Re: support for same-sex marriage is now higher in Australia than it was in any other

I've always wondered it's still not legal yet. I've heard that the constitution bans it, which is peculiar to me, considering how accepting Australia is.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hey Mr. Abbott, since you talk about the voter approved constitutional amendment banning marriage equality so much, why don't you let the voters decide this issue again? Oh wait, that's because you only tout what voters say when it's what you and your bigoted friends want.

6. Candace

Cool! (!). I can't wait to hear what unfolds later. I might be going to Australia sooner than I expected :grin:.

7. prussianblue100

That's awesome. Way to go, Australia.

8. Hexagon

Horrible government is why.

9. SkyDiver

Get your shit together, AU govt.

How embarrassing!!!

10. esc1010

The AU government is kinda weird in that regard...
    Stark contrast.

11. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well once Australia legalises gay marriage we can move onto Russia :icon_bigg
    But seriously it's nice to see that many more people are open to LGBT marriages it's just a shame the small majority in power hold it back.

12. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yea it's strange. It seems that the parliament in Australia like to serve religious institutions first. When support is that high then it was probably time to pass gay marriage a long time ago.

13. person57

That's awesome that there's a lot of same sex marriage support there!! I hope it becomes legal soon.

14. teluphone

That's great news.....maybe after 5 years I may finally return to Australia for good after I finish my service in Singapore

15. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

That is great news; good for you, Australians!

Made me think of this video from a few years ago. I still love it. The actor is so adorable :icon_bigg

It's time. - YouTube