1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Here's Michelle, with her usual comments

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Moonhammer, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever | Advocate.com

Michelle Bachmann, the Minnesota congresswoman has said that there is a chance that she will run for president in 2016.

Then in true Bachmann style she decided to spew out some more homophobic comments

"I think also they (LGBT's) want to abolish age of consent laws, which means we will do away with statutory rape laws so that adults would be able to freely prey on little children sexually," she said. "That’s the deviance that we’re seeing embraced in our culture today."

Yes Michelle, because LGBT is the abbreviation of child molesters.

2. Sitri

Even O'Reilly thinks she is a moron. And he is right.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We need to view criminalization of youth sexuality with the same disgust we have for rape.

If it's evil to force ourselves on someone else sexually because that violates their bodily security, it is also evil to threaten someone with or actually pursue criminal charges against a person when all parties are freely giving competent consent. For the latter also violates a person's bodily integrity. It's the same kind of evil.

While Michelle Bachmann is being terrible here by invoking the spectre of pedophilia and equivocating, I think the underlying discussion is actually worth having.

Should we really be uncritical of age of consent laws? For my part, I don't think they should be abolished per se, but they should be revisited. For example, I think it's morally bankrupt to have your legal system set up in a way where sexuality between people aged 15 and 17 is protected under a Romeo and Juliet exception but sexuality between people aged 16 and 18 is suddenly criminalized under "statutory rape" law. This creates situations where turning 18 is criminalized, and this has actually happened, and we've had bitter arguments here where some of you have said really horrifying things.

#3 Pret Allez, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fucking moron

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha that picture is a perfect representation of her. She's as crazy as some of the comments on yahoo news. I hope the gop nominates the craziest person for their next presidential candidate. Ol' Michelle looks to be in the lead lol.

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As I understand it, to be allowed to make such patently false hate speech is protected as "freedom of speech" under the U.S. Constitution, is it not? I'm not sure she would get away with that here in Australia. At the very least she would lose any chance of becoming Prime Minister, for example. But does spouting this kind of patently false slander harm her chances of becoming President, though? Surely it must, right...?

7. Gregarity

If she makes it into the presidential race, I hope that Hillary Clinton serves her butt on a silver platter.

8. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

she is a very ignorant woman she is a mediocre and crazy women but we will not Stand for this and by we I mean the members I mean the LGBT+ comunity and it's supporters :slight_smile: but it's ok I'm not so much scared of her just....disgusted by her :slight_smile:

#8 C06122014, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  9. idream

idream Guest

I feel that if she does in fact run for president, there's enough of us of voting age who won't allow such ignorance into powercx

10. Mariliss

My 7th grade LA class was a group of Einsteins compared to this woman.

11. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Please run. Please run. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. I want to watch to watch that stupidfest live.

12. Mzansi

Well,
    We can always hope she gets hit by a truck :slight_smile:

13. justjade

Here's hoping....

She sounds to me like she's just making shit up to slander us. She has no evidence to back up her claims. If anyone has a brain in their head, they won't vote for her.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2014 at 08:53 AM ----------

Also agreed.

14. PurpleGrey

Heeeeere's Bachmann! Lol!

I also like how she sorta looks like she's getting arrested in the photo in the article, or at least I think so. Anyone else see it?

15. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's no way she'd win in our general election because she is just too crazy far right. She won't even win the republican nomination if she decides to run, but the crazy far right supporters like her. They'd love for her to get the nomination since they don't grasp the reality that it would be a sure win for the Democratic candidate.

Yea, PurpleGrey, you're right it looks like that guy is handcuffing her, funny!

She's just spreading more lies. She's claiming that GLBT people want multi-spouse marriage, but the pro-discrimination people are the only ones who keep bringing that up. If that comes up as an issue at some point, it'll be by people who want that which would include mostly straight people would be my guess.

#15 mnguy, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  16. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This bitch spoke at my school once. Her comments make me feel sick.

Though I wouldn't mind if she did run for office since she is guaranteed to lose.

17. Candace

Ugh, again? Can we all take a poll on what we should do with this waste of a politician? Put her on a barge stuck on the ice of Lake Superior in January? Cast her into the Mongolian prison system? Ship her off to an uninhabited island off the coast of Hawaii so she can leave us alone? :bang:

18. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I don't want her to be our president /.\ she is a homophobic woman who I don't like .-.

19. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Terrifying picture, even more terrifying comments..

20. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Michele Bachmann views are based on delusions nothing more and she is very homophobic because her husband is gay and she needs to work hard to keep him around so she uses her homophobia to control him. When a bunch of gay teens committed suicide in her district she said nothing and the only thing she is good at is playing the victim. As a former resident of Minnesota she does not represent the majority and glad she is leaving congress and hopefully government for good.