1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News House ACTUALLY votes to sue Pres. Obama.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, Jul 30, 2014.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More here: Updated: GOP-Led House Votes To Sue President Obama Over Policy They Support - The New Civil Rights Movement

Yet ANOTHER reason why I will never vote Republican in my life.

2. BelleFromHell

OK, I'll admit that I'm not a fan of Obama, but THIS?
    [​IMG]

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time in history a house speaker never has went this to low to protect his political interests and to pander towards the radical part of his party. Obama and the Senate worked hard to get things done and compromise on what they both agree and disagree on and the house just sits there and says no. If we are getting to the point in this county where a politician's faith and love for country is questioned and goes above everything else than say goodbye to any kind of bipartisanship. Politics used to be to I respect you and we both love our country and the people but we agree on somethings but now if you have a disagreement you are called radical that hates America and is a unchristian person. The Politics of Compromise is the only way this country has survived and radicals like Ted Cruz are only gonna hurt this country. If we lose the Senate this year we are in more trouble than we have been.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is as true as it ever has been. If they keep this up, 2016 will be a Republican bloodbath as the voters will do the same thing they did in 2008: put the grownups back in charge.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah and looking at the 2016 map for Senate it favors Democrats. It might not make any difference but it sucks that more democrats decided to retire this year. I respect their right to retire but it is kind of bad timing.

6. Hexagon

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking of taking back Congress in 2016, Illinois AND Missouri will both have two blue senators after 2016. Governor Jay Nixon will be Missouri's next senator.

8. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

[​IMG]

Granted, I hate Democrats with a raging passion that I reserve for few others, but this is still pretty accurate to what's been going on.

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dumb NHS loving Brit question this; why are so many on the right of American politics so opposed to something like AAC? To me affordable healthcare for everyone seems like a sure fire vote winner, yet a lot of people seem hell bent on making sure healthcare remains as expensive as possible.

Surely even Republicans and the religious right can see keeping proper healthcare out of reach of a lot of people is just asking for all kinds of trouble down the line? I don't just mean votes wise either.

10. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Most politically active Americans tend to be at least somewhat distrustful of the government, both on a competency level and a motive level. This makes a lot of people very skeptical that the government could run a healthcare system without completely fucking it up. There is also a very big element that believes it is natural that if you work hard you will get all you need in life, and if you don't have all you need you obviously aren't working hard, or you are working hard but Government is driving prices up with regulation and taking all your money with taxes and so you can't afford what you need.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Republicans think that in England that the NHS is "rationed care" and that they'll just let you die if you're too old or too sick. They think that the ACA institutes "death panels," pays for abortions, literally kills women, kills seniors, kills children, that it kills jobs, the IRS is keeping a database of all your care and that if you're conservative they'll make sure you get killed.

They use tons and tons of scare tactics to fool gullible people.

12. WearyWanderer

Ugh, this is so stupid. I am finding it harder and harder to be a moderate with this sort of conservative bullshit going on. Their schemes are just getting stupide. Suing the president? Really? What the hell is that supposed to achieve? I'll tell you what it will achieve though: absolutely nothing. Maybe if the GOP really wanted to do something, they might end this political statement going on in Washington and, oh, I don't know...this might sound crazy, but actually fucking do something. :dry:
    Honestly, I was glad when the President started relying more on executive orders. Psst, Republicans, YOU'RE the reason why he was doing them? Not to point any fingers or anything. And also not to mention George Bush and Ronald Reagan (he's like your god, right?) both gave MUCH more executive orders than Obama has ever done. I hope this "lawsuit" is called out for the sham that it is and we can return to back to what really matters in this country.

13. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

That may be true of the far right, but a lot of moderates are more worried that the government bureaucracy isn't competent enough to manage healthcare. To ignore that part of the debate makes us leftists sound like idiots who can't even listed to the concerns of others. It's a valid concern, and we need to address it calmly and with clear statistics and explanations, not by regurgitating bullshit a lot of them don't actually hold to.

14. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate this planet

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another point on health care. I disagree with Alan Grayson on a few issues (He's WAY to the left of me on the NSA and foreign policy) but he hit the nail on the head:

[youtube]-usmvYOPfco[/youtube]

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what I love about this situation?

I'm getting emails upon emails about this from both Democrat and Republican organizations. Usually this means I'll find it on Facebook.

But I haven't. I haven't seen a single inch of pixels about it except on here. This probably means that everyone DOES know about it.

But they don't care. Not a single bit. Our country is so fucked up, we don't even care who's the President, anymore.

17. AlexTheGrey

The real problem is that the proper debates aren't public. What is public is a bunch of sound bites of ideological crud and speculation.

Although I hear the concerns, I'm wondering how they are supposed to play out. You voice a vague concern, but don't solidify it into anything concrete enough for me to respond with a concrete answer. So I can respond vaguely, or provide points that may have nothing to do with your specific areas where the government will screw it all up. I'm also curious how the government is managing healthcare under the ACA that they haven't previously. It isn't like we've moved to a single payer system, or even close to it.