1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News "Toys 'R' Us Doll Penis Freaks Out Shoppers"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Alex94, Jul 30, 2014.

?

Should this doll be sold???

1. Yes, their is nothing wrong with it.

74 vote(s)
    80.4%
  2. Not sure.

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. No, it's innapropriate.

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I don't see the big deal with this to be honest, it's a doll.
    - If you give a child a baby doll that has the appropriate genitals for the sex it is suppose to represent then it opens the door for a parent to talk to their kids about their bodies and how it is not something to be ashamed of. I mean think about it, society has come up with all of these labels for your genitals to the point where people are uncomfortable saying "penis and vagina" when talking about their body. It's sad and unecessary to be honest... If you educate your kids early on then they won't feel that wierd shame/embarrasment later on in life that most people have when they try to talk about things with their better half or even a doctor for that matter... It's friggin' ridiculous in my opinion.

What is your opinion??? Should this doll be sold???

Toys 'R' Us Doll With A Penis Freaks Out Shoppers - The Gaily Grind

2. Ridiculous

Any chance the US is going to grow up and get over their own bodies any time soon (I'm guessing no). I can pretty much guarantee that the people complaining over this have an effigy of a tortured bleeding man's corpse nailed to a cross on their walls at home, and yet they judge this as obscene. Pathetic.

Of course there isn't a problem.

3. MissMook

Welp, girls have to know at some point. I think it makes for a great opportunity for the parents to educate their daughter on the difference between both sexes, and possibly other topics relating to that.

Good on Toys R' Us for letting it sell in stores.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dolls "simulate" people. Most people have genitals. Problem?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don' t see the big deal it's just a penis on a baby , I've seen a real penis on my aunt's baby boy , it didn't scare me we just all thought ,oh he has a little pee pee and we changed his diaper . We all have genitals ; I use to laugh at the funny names my dad use to call women's privates because he was scared to say the word vagina around me .
    Why are people like this ,are they scared their kids will know about sex at a young age ?, when I was a little kid in kindergarten they made the girls and boys bath together sometimes , didn't creep me out that ,the boy next to me had a penis or the other girl had a vagina , we just wanted to take our baths quickly and get out and be dressed then go back to nap or snack time .:dry:

Grow up people it's just a damn penis :rolle:

6. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I don't think that will happen either.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2014 at 01:47 AM ----------

Boys too, remember some boys do play with dolls.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2014 at 01:48 AM ----------

Right, I think it's creepier when they don't add the genitals to be honest. It's like when you see amish dolls that have no faces.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2014 at 01:48 AM ----------

Exactly.

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha, agreed!

Couldn't resist: [​IMG]

8. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

you guess correctly

9. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

What do you want to bet that acting like male genitalia are inappropriate is causing much more confusion and general bad feelings for the little girls involved than the dolls themselves?

10. 741852963

Probably.

We had this in the UK in the 90s:

[YOUTUBE]Rove Live - Baby Pee Pee (12/10/08) - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

They even said "willy" in the adverts, for christsake, how liberal are we! :lol: I always thought it was an American thing, but in hindsight I'm sure it would have caused utter moral panic over there!

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

this would have helped me a lot growing up, kids shouldnt be shamed or scared of the human body so go toys r us!!

12. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

[​IMG]

Seems pretty accurate.

13. Vaettfang

Oh boo-hoo. Some parents let their children play Grand Theft Auto 5, a game with uncensored breasts in it along with blood, gore, and foul language. Yet parents are getting upset over the PLASTIC PENIS OF A TOY. What has society come to? :bang:

14. Hexagon

Oh noes. An anatomically correct doll. The world will end. Children will be scarred for life. No. Nope. Penises are LIES. THEY DO NOT EXIST.

15. RainDreamer

Well, this isn't like barbie and ken where there might be sexual connotation. This is a baby doll. Babies. What kind of sick parents see that and thought, oh noes, my child might think of sex? Any child who have had a baby sibling and have to take care of them see that all the time.

16. Aldrick

This is so ridiculous. I can't believe people are actually upset. If I remember correctly either my sister or I had a doll like that when we were kids. I think it might have been my sister, because I have vague memories of her being freaked out as I was trying to coax her into "drinking the pee" (which was just water). :lol:

17. PurpleGrey

I think this is a great toy, truth be told. The reason for that is that if I had this doll growing up, I wouldn't be so scared and bewildered at the idea of changing a boy. I honestly have no idea how to wipe a boy. I used to think it was like that chalk cube thing on a pool stick.

18. Candace

*applying for work visa in another country besides the U.S.*

That's it, I'm outta here -_-.

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only penis I sometimes don't wish exists is mine. But that's irrelevant and more personal than the topic at hand.

Just another reason why I'm not going to miss being attributed to this country when I move.

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This reminds me how creepy I always thought Ken Dolls were.

Holy castration anxiety, Batman! If nothing else, at least Freud shined a light at hoe deeply repressed and guilty people were made to feel by the society around them about sex and the sexual.

And the seeds of such guilt are planted at a young age by the failure to even acknowledge that sexual differences exist, and thus become taboo early on, only to become further ingrained by the lack of openness about the sexual in general.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if America allowed depictions of sex to the extent it allows depictions of violence, and censored the one, instead of the other.

#20 HuskyPup, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014