1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Boxing promoter Frank Maloney reveals gender reassignment

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by uniqueusername3, Aug 10, 2014.

1. BBC News - Boxing promoter Frank Maloney reveals gender reassignment

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2014 at 04:43 PM ----------

Interesting - yet another closeted homophobe....

2. 741852963

It is interesting that she has made homophobic comments in the past when she was a man, but I'd imagine this would be a lot down to denial and also the very macho working environment.

The "I have a female brain" statement does strike me as odd - its bad science! Whilst there are certainly brain differences in transexuals, MTF transexuals don't necessarily have feminized brains, its a bit of a myth that one.

Still, that aside, good luck to her. Shes certainly waited long enough. Hopefully she will get back into the boxing world as its clearly a passion and it would be a shame for her to hold herself back from that out of fear of what people would think.

3. Candace

Good for her and I hope that she can live better than as she was as a man. It's a shame that she was a closeted homophobe and could have been happier much much sooner instead of denying and hiding everything.