1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News New Hampshire Declares state of emergency over fake pot overdoses

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Aug 16, 2014.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. Candace

I heard about this on the news the other day. Instead of a state of emergency, which is typically reserved for events of utmost importance (floods, hurricanes, forest fires, the latter), why couldn't they just have a recall like they do with regular products? Also, this is just the Manchester, NH area. Why does it have to affect someone who lives in northern New Hampshire? Does that make sense? That's like having a recall in Cincinnati and having the entire state of Ohio on alert. Well, why should the people in Columbus, Toledo, and Cleveland care?

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The problem is that this stuff is usually sold illegally. In the state of Ohio, synthetic pot has been banned, so it is entirely illegal. So, a recall would do nothing to eliminate the black market for these things. The fact is that this stuff (no matter where it is shipped to) is dangerous. I know somebody who took one hit of synthetic pot, ended up in the hospital and died.

It has to effect other's lives because it could effect their lives. What if somebody takes this stuff and they are driving and they start having these reactions? Just like any other drug, this stuff is not only dangerous to the user, but to those around the user as well (if the decide to operate machinery while high).

The difference between this and other drugs is in this case, it is legal in that area.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think NH is voting soon to legalize recreational marijuana. That would remove the demand for these dangerous, artificial substitutes, and make available a substance that medical science has found less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly what I was thinking. Crap like this gives real marijuana a bad name since people don't overdose on the real thing, but uninformed people will connect the two and continue believing the lies about pot.

How does this junk get approved for sale? I would think there would be some sort of screening process to approve the sale of products especially if it's a reputable store.

6. Water lover

Water lover Guest

As for the ohio thing. Size of the state is a large issue to contend to. In ohio it takes four-five hours to drive through. Conn like mabye 45 minutes. So them calling a state of emergency is like two or three counties in ohio calling one.