1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News US: Creationist theme park refuses to hire gays, pretty much anyone*else

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by markosss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Incognito10

They're calling it a "ministry" but it sounds like they're highly motivated by money and tourism.

Saw an article a while back that cited the insane amount of time and money it took to build that structure and they talked about how nice it would have been if that money actually went toward helping people (which would be more of a true ministry). Considering the craziness of the entire idea, the fact they don't want to hire gays does not surprise me at all.

2. Ryujin

I'm glad they don't want to hire gay people. It just means that there are less people to be indoctrinating children into this bullshit.

3. Nikky DoUrden

This.

The more people not knowing about them the better :confused:

4. mangotree

Well, they won't be able to ban gay people from visiting the park after it opens.
    Hopefully as many as possible go there and go out of their way to show public displays of affection :slight_smile:

I can't believe it's still legal to discriminate against potential employees based on sexuality and belief in some places.

5. gaynerd64

I went to this place last year. They basically try to brainwash everybody into thinking the Earth is 6000 years, God is real, society is doomed, and to buy the DVDs from the giftshop so you can tell everybody else. I wouldn't apply for a job there at all gay or not. Before anybody asks, I was forced to go as a "vacation".

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this the park that Kent Hovind made?

7. Ryujin

And Ken Ham, probably

8. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope they also have a diorama there of God hiding all those dinosaur bones in the fossil record, with the intent of testing the faith of creationists in the 20th / 21st Centuries. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#9 Damien, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  9. AlamoCity

I'm ok that they don't want to hire gay people, but they better return any tax concessions :lol:.

They walk the fine line between ministry and money-making theme park. Let's see how this plays out when discriminating against gays (except for those that actually are protected under religious exemptions) becomes illegal.

Just as "you cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons," you cannot be both a secular business and a church :lol:.

#10 AlamoCity, Aug 19, 2014
  10. Candace

This is utter ridiculous :dry:.

Because along with agreeing that the Earth was created 6000 years ago, God wanted everyone to buy stuff about him in the gift shop :confused: "Be enlightened by God so you give us your money" :bang:

11. Ridiculous

"Creationist theme park" :lol:

I'm sure any LGBT person that wanted to work at a place dedicated to fictional stories would go somewhere where they were actually entertaining, like Disneyland.

12. Sitri

Didn't they used to call it a museum? I guess they aren't allowed to anymore. All I know about them is that kids get in free on Wednesdays and they buy a lot of cookies and there was no such thing as a carnivore in Eden.

13. LadyRedRover

The park sounds a bit silly, to be honest. It doesn't sound like they hire anyone that goes against their specific principals, gays included. In today's political and social climate, they're going to crash and burn.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To me Creationism sounds like it was dreamt up on the back of a napkin by several pastors who were well settled into their drinking trousers while out on a stag do.

Just seems like something that was thrown together to give Christians something to pitch against evolution. Dunno how you'd prove any of it using proper scientific methods, then again they'd probably never let proper scientists test it because miracles aren't subject to science or something.

#15 GeeLee, Aug 19, 2014
  15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm waiting for the day they have to close it for flood damage.

16. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Its a shame that parts of religious organizations haven't caught up with the times. But places will be like this any ways. In time they will changes there rules it might not be any time soon but in time. But a funny thing about when I went there it had a gay dating site AD... Just thought that was funny

17. RainDreamer

I wonder how long that will hold up. A religious theme pack doesn't equate to fun to me. Probably only people in that circle will come there with their children for indoctrination.

18. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kinda reminds me of Praiseland from the Simpsons. Although Flanders efforts at getting kids interested in Christianity didn't end too well either.

19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, most of the folks I know and / or respect - creative, funny, intelligent types - will be, according to these folks, hanging out with the demons, so it sounds as though that table will be the more interesting one to sip down a tequila or two at, to be honest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#20 Damien, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014