1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News BNP: The BBC is forcing ‘homosexual persuasions’ on everyone with gay characters

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

2. DMark69

If you don't like the programming, don't watch it!

3. Candace

I mean, if it's that bad, then don't watch it. It's not they're putting a gun to your head and making you watch.

4. LadyRedRover

I knew there was a reason I loved BBC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: BBC does have more gay characters than US television, but I wouldn't say that they're 'forcing' anyone.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The BNP are fading even further into irrelevance and obscurity. UKIP have replaced them as the 'go-to' protest party. The BNP are too far-right and racist even for the weirdos who vote UKIP.

The BBC does love a gay story line - but most soap operas do. In any given soap there is usually at least one story line revolving around two gay men or lesbians. There's even a transgender storyline on Hollyoaks.

(not that I watch such asinine nonsense - honest. :icon_wink)

#5 imnotreallysure, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  6. PurpleGrey

Interior: British household

Husband:"Honey, we've been married for several years now, but seeing all these gay characters on television has turned me into a flaming Nancy. I'm leaving you for my coworker, Guy Brittishname."

Wife:"That's quite alright, dear, I myself have been forcibly converted to lesbianism. I too am leaving you. I am moving in with my fiancee, Guy Brittishname's wife, who I met in the grocery store last week. I see they have also been watching all these gay programmes on television."

That's how it will happen. Because that's totally possible. And this is their PSA.

7. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That would make as much sense, actually even less sense given the ratio, if I were to say that TV and other stuff that had a heterosexual storyline, was heterosexual persuasion. I'm not an idiot, so obviously I don't think that, but it's the same thing just reversed back at them. Now if such a thing as homosexual persuasion existed, then heterosexual persuasion would have to exist as well, and in that case, I would of been growing up with so called "heterosexual persuasion" all throughout my life, because the vast majority of storylines shown on TV, movies, or whatever is heterosexual. I guess it didn't work though, because I'm still gay just like I always have been. I guess those homophobic and bigoted people are just much easier to persuade to switch sexual orientations than I and everyone else I know that aren't homophobic bigots is. Oh well. :slight_smile:

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't care what the BNP says, because they are fascists who need to die.

9. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I don't live in the UK, but my short answer would be, yes :eusa_danc

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2014 at 06:34 PM ----------

:lol:

It's the end of civilization as we know it. Obviously more and more folks will turn gay from this, because it is after all such an easy 'lifestyle choice' to live by. :icon_roll

#9 Damien, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  10. 741852963

I'm actually trying to recall the last gay character I saw on the BBC.

Probably that awful pairing of Christian and Syed on Eastenders. I never thought they gelled well as a couple and the character of Christian grated on me. It felt a case of "right, we have two gay characters now, lets get them together, they must like each other" or as I call it: the "only gays in the village scenario". Because you have two gay people, they must automatically want to get it on. FACT. Thats why I hate soaps, so artificial. :dry:

And as for the BNP. I'm past being able to be shocked by them.

11. SeaSalt

They arent British. Brits have always been people of reason, logic and good old fashioned common sense. They dont deserve to call themselves British!

12. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is the publically owned state television of the United Kingdom. So, what you said does not apply here.

I personally think the BBC should be disbanded but there you go.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2014 at 04:19 PM ----------

Not true.

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone (who owns a TV) contributes towards the BBC, but nobody has to watch it. I can understand people being disgruntled for having to pay for the BBC if they don't watch it, but I don't think homophobic reasons are worth listening to.

As for OmittedFlunky's comment - I think it's true historically, but maybe less so these days. We were certainly pioneers of logic and reason while most of Europe was stifled by absolute monarchy (I'm looking at you, France).

#13 imnotreallysure, Aug 23, 2014
  14. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're correct that they're not worth listening to. I wasnt saying that they were. I was just saying that DMark69s argument was not relevant to the situation and so null and void.

It just annoys me when people get jingoistic... Especially when criticising an institution like the BNP. People who make comments about others not being British are usually exactly the kind of people who belong in the BNP.

#14 Robert, Aug 23, 2014
  15. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read this and all I can think is "Go home BNP, you're drunk!"
    Honestly BNP just sinks to new levels of ridiculous daily. No wonder no sane person wants to vote for them.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People really need to get a grip and stop getting upset .:dry:

17. 741852963

I'd hazard a guess a chunk of it goes towards the actual signal (maintaining the equipment etc), hence why you have to pay regardless of what channel you watch. Theres an argument that non-BBC watchers should pay reduced fees, but the BNP's point is ridiculous.

If the BNP were truly that bothered they could just stop watching Live TV, get themselves Netflix/Lovefilm and watch catch-up only - that way they wouldn't have to contribute to the "evil homosexual British Broadcasting Corporation" and could protest in a perfectly legal way. But no, that would require them using common sense, and would also give them one less thing to rant and rave about, poor dears.

Of course it will. Did you not see the BNP Youth video?

The country is in a terrible mess due to those militant homosexuals and their unholy alliance with the bankers, marxists and the media. Only last week there was a meeting between the head of the gays and the banks in a secret underground lair to discuss forcible implementation of the "pink pound" as the currency. Apparently its the latest move in their bid to destroy traditional family values! Who will stop them?!

18. Ryujin

Oh BNP, how I love you.
    You make me regain hope in humanity.
    Hope that we still have a sense of humour.
    Hope that we still know how to tell a joke.
    Hope that we still have idiots to laugh at on "Have I Got News For You"
    Oh BNP, how I love you

19. TrueColors

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I watch the BBCA... Not all shows with gay/bi characters in them are horrible. Take Doctor Who for example. There is Jenny and Vastra. In The Flesh has Rick and Kieren. Also, there is Orphan Black's Cosima and Delphine.

BNP is ridiculous.

20. One Man Army

BNP are losing it and they know it. Of course they'll make increasingly desperate attempts to get into the news. As imnotreallysure said, UKIP have taken the mantle of #1 protest party and it's only a matter of time before Nick Griffin and his cronies end up having to work in Burger King for a living.

#20 One Man Army, Aug 23, 2014