1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Airline flight diverts over fight about seat recline

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainbowMan, Aug 26, 2014.

1. RainbowMan

OK, as someone who travels somewhat often (though not ridiculously so) I'm somewhat sensitive to the whole "recline in coach" thing. I try and make it a point not to do it unless I have to (generally because I'm a big guy, and the person in front of me has reclined making things a little uncomfortable). Apparently there's even a device that prevents the seat in front of you from reclining (how I didn't know about this is beyond me, but it's use is prohibited by major airlines anyhow)

These two people however took it to the next level. The dude in back used this device to prevent the woman in front of him from reclining. The flight attendant asked him to remove the device, which he refused to do. At that point, the woman turned around and threw water on him. At this point, the plane decided to land in Chicago and discharge the two people. The plane continued to Denver, where it arrived 90 minutes late.

Cops called after fliers fight over seat recline

These two people were both 48. A fully grown man and woman, you'd think that they were 2 year olds. What is this world coming to?

2. Candace

I mean, that was a tad extreme, don't you think? I do find it rude for people to put their seat backs so far as to inconvenience the person behind them, whether the recliner is aware or not.

3. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow just wow.

4. Hexagon

Oh... I heard about this. Thought it was a joke.

5. starfish

United should make those 2 pay the landing fees and the extra fuel burn.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While on a 3-hour flight yesterday, I overheard a conversation between two seat mates about the whole "seat reclining" debate. Honestly, it makes me laugh. I paid a great sum of money for that seat and so did you, and we both have the same amount of right to recline that seat. You don't like it, buy yourself a seat in first class or a bulkhead seat where there's no seat in front of you.

When I flew back from San Francisco a couple summers ago, I was working on my laptop and overheard through my music something along the lines of "I'm going to kick your fucking ass, you motherfucker!" One of the flight attendants came down the aisle and ended up moving one of the passengers to another seat. This fat blowhard had threatened bodily harm to the passenger in front of him because he couldn't get his laptop all the way open because he had the nerve to recline his seat on a 3 hour flight from San Francisco to Minneapolis.

Point I'm making is that the seats recline for a reason, deal with it. I'm a big guy too, but do I use a device or shove my knees into the small of someone's back like my dad does to prevent them from reclining theirs? No. Sorry for my tone here, but this isn't a hard concept.

#6 AwesomGaytheist, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014