1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News ISIS beheads 2nd journalist Steven Sotloff

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Typhoon, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These people need to be exterminated before they spread like cancer. They're a far larger threat than Al Qaeda as far as I'm concerned - they're just outright genocidal and will kill anyone and everyone.

3. Candace

Geez, these guys are a menace and like the gentleman above me said, I hope someone puts an end to them soon before they spread like a wildfire :/.

4. SeaSalt

I cant help but think that by now our soldiers are itching to go kill some Isis. I can almost hear the Gurkhas sharpening thier Kukri.

5. Vaettfang

This is SO F:***:ED UP!
    [​IMG]

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even as someone who would rather not get into a Third Gulf War, I wouldn't lose much sleep if we were able to exterminate ISIL.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Locked up? That would be putting it kindly.

A beheading for any of their members would be mercy on our part...

8. SeaSalt

Isis please for the love of god attack Israel. I cant think of anything funnier than you idiots coming face to face with one of the worlds most brutal, notorious and well trained militaries, one which wont take your BS.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe if our President would stop talking to the cameras about it nonstop and drone these assholes out of existence, maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament. Some of you might be gasping that it's me of all people saying that, but when you have a group that is kidnapping and beheading journalists and demanding ransom, if you know where their camps/compounds are, bomb them for god's sake!

10. AlamoCity

If it weren't for the innocent people living there, I'd say we should carpet bomb the region in Syria and Iraq where ISIS wants to build it's "caliphate."

11. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think we should stop calling them 'Isis' because that is the name of an Egyptian Goddess of truth and wisdom; it's a bit of a travesty for her name to be used in association with these barbarians.

#11 Damien, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The originally went by ISIS and then they started referring to themselves as the Islamic state.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm almost more angry that every Muslim in the position to do so has not very vocally condemned these people. You don't get to be a religion of peace if you go cutting off the heads of everyone who looks at you weird.

But yeah, there is no way around the idea that it's us vs. them until one side is totally annihilated. But the question is, why? Why must we fight or be killed? It is absolutely senseless and wanton destruction.

#13 Argentwing, Sep 2, 2014
  14. Missrancor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    *sigh*

Humans are the worst kind in the whole planet. I've totally given up on humanity.
    This is just nuts but even if they are destroyed, another one will pop-up later on.
    Ridiculous.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is - but the deranged nutters who fight for Islamic State cannot be reasoned with - they're completely irrational. They're killing children and babies - they don't care. They're not going to stop, and no compromise is going to be reached. At this stage, the only option is to use force against them before they exert their force outside of the Middle East. This entire thing reminds me of the Mongol raids on Eastern Europe in the 13th century - but even more senseless.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isis terror threat: Leading British Muslims issue fatwa condemning terror group - Home News - UK - The Independent

Muslim Leaders Worldwide Condemn ISIS | Global Research

Indonesian Muslim Leaders Condemn ISIS: 'The Public Have to be Critical'

Updated: Muslim Leaders Join in Condemnation of ISIS

Basically every Muslim has opposed them. You might have missed the fact that almost every Muslim government in the world is part of condemning this, and most Muslims are horrified. Just because you haven't heard them or bothered to listen to them, that doesn't mean that they're being silent.

Don't conflate these people with the entirety of Islam, however much you want an excuse to bash the whole group.

17. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Muslim fundamentalists do not have a patent on extreme cruelty in the name of religion. Christians have given them some pretty stiff competition over the last two thousand years.

18. SeaSalt

Put a nuch of these bastards around each city, IS will be forced to use roads!
    [​IMG]

19. Aldrick

Sigh. Bombing them isn't going to get rid of them. You can diminish their numbers by killing as many as you can, but at the end of the day you can't kill an idea. You can try and cripple them by taking out their leaders, but they will live on in one form or another.

Like I said in the other thread, we're fighting a culture war. Unlike the culture war we fight against the Christian zealots here at home, the Islamic zealots we're fighting abroad believe in using violence to try and win the war. We must respond with an equal amount of violence of our own, as force must be met with force, but that is sadly not enough.

Until the root cause is tackled, these groups will continue to spring up and cause us no end of trouble. We must find a way to force the Middle East as a whole to embrace secularism. This war ends when Muslims turn on other Muslims and a legitimate counter group who supports secularism as radically as the Islamic State supports fundamentalist theocracy springs up to fight them.

Ideas have to be fought with ideas.

20. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think the problem of extremism associated with Islam is ever going to completely disappear - but ISIS are a particularly nasty and violent strain of extremism. Simply killing them won't solve the problem of extremism in Islam, but at least it will alleviate the immediate threat of a bloodthirsty terrorist group hellbent on killing everyone who doesn't conform exactly to their views or what they believe, or how they live.

I think the world could just about cope with al-Qaeda (not that either are wanted), and ISIS have only risen to prominence in recent months - they have been in existence since for over a decade but were nowhere near as high profile or apparently as well-equipped before.

As much as I disagree with the 'bomb them to the stone age' mentality, I think this is one of those rare cases where such force is necessary. We can try and get to the root cause of the problem, but I don't think that should be our immediate concern. Our immediate concern should be ensuring that they don't spread any further.

#20 imnotreallysure, Sep 2, 2014