1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News US Senator gives 81% of yearly income to charity.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, Sep 13, 2014.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More here: Cory Booker Gave Away 81% Of His Income To Charity Last Year

It can go without saying that I REALLY like Cory Booker. I think the man has what it takes to be a great senator(maybe even greater in the future), and to actually work for the people he serves.

2. Candace

Geez, 81%?! That's a whole lot. Good for him :slight_smile:. I'm really happy to hear this!

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw him speak in 2012 at my (soon to be) sister's college graduation from Washington University in St. Louis.
    He was an amazing speaker, and Newark was so lucky to have them as their mayor. He's a great person.

My brother's college had Mikhail Baryshnikov, so it was a good year of commencement speeches for my family. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. 741852963

It is but he is earning megabucks and is a millionaire so it is quite likely has no major financial committments (i.e. mortgage or loans payments, he has no children etc).

I'd like to think most would do the same in his position but in reality most don't, so good for him! :eusa_clap