1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Students of Jadavpur University got beaten up by police during a peaceful protest

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Opheliac, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Jadavpur University molestation case: Police arrest 35 agitating students

Clashes After Midnight At Kolkata's Jadavpur University, Students Blame Police

The police are also claiming, on the news channels, that they never did any such thing, while next to them, the channel plays VIDEO EVIDENCE of what was happening. The police came in and switched off the lights, and the VC is claiming that the students broke the lights.

Some of my friends were there when this happened. The attackers were throwing flowerpots at people, throwing them to the ground and literally walking over them.

In the middle of this whole incident, the VC left campus and tried to admit himself to hospital, claiming the students were trying to murder him, and he demanded emergency treatment. The hospital sent him away because there was nothing wrong with him.

We've been having marches and everyone is boycotting classes, teachers and students, until the VC resigns. I don't know how long this is going to go on, but it's just shocking that something like this could happen.

2. wanderinggirl

Wow. VC is just awful.

I hope your friends are ok...