1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News t.a.t.u. singer Yulia Volkova would condemn her son if he were gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ouji, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ouji

ouji Guest

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Yulia Volkova told Russian television that she would condemn her son if he turned out to be gay because he would be less of a man.

“Yes, I would condemn him, because I believe that a real man must be a real man. God created man for procreation, it is the nature. The man for me is the support, the strength of ... I won’t accept a gay son,” she said.

“Two girls together — not the same thing as the two men together. It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding their hands or kissing,” she said.

Volkova told Russian TV that she wanted to make clear she is “not against gays” and that she considers them to be above murderers and thieves — but only just.

“Just want my son to be a real man, not a fag,” she said. “I have many gay friends. I believe that being gay is all still better than murderers, thieves or drug addicts. If you choose out of all this, being gay a little better than the rest.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

What is this... this... stupidity?

[​IMG]

My head! It hurts!

Nice to know she supports equality among the genders, there, too.​

3. LadyRedRover

Yulia has some major issues and always has...That being said, this still makes me super-sad :frowning2: T.a.T.u. was one of the main inspirations for me as a teen.

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

In all honesty I've never really liked that group. The fact that they are pretending to be 'gay' for attention ticks me off.

6. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    oh right, because people are gay for AESTHETICS.

7. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    what the fuck and here i was thinking she was an lgbt supporter

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And her daughter to become a sexual object, just like she has been (and probably still is) all her life?

She used to turn me on... I shouldn't have read this...

9. RainDreamer

I wonder if she says that simply because it is safer for her in russia to look like she is homophobic.

10. LadyRedRover

11. Blossom85

I remember being really upset when I read somewhere that the two girls in 'All the things she said' were not actually lesbians and were just acting.. So for me, I am not going to listen to anything she says anywhere.. Where does she get off saying two girls together is fine but two men together is not..

12. dampgrand4

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! What the heck!

13. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    IKR! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

14. Candace

I feel sorry for her. She really needs to get a mental health test done pronto! Disgusting :bang:

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved tatu when I was younger. Shame to see that she is so spiteful and vindictive - but Russian society has a habit of spewing out inexplicably fucked up individuals. Along with Israel, it's one country that I will purposefully avoid - both are full of deranged people who blindly support their governments actions without prior thought.

#15 imnotreallysure, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  16. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Ok honestly I'm gonna admit this is shocking news for me. I've been a fan of their music since high school and I always found their lyrics to be so powerful and uplifting as well as heavily pro LGBT which is mainly why I'm surprised to hear about this. Rumors surround pretty much any band that breaks up and I'd heard bad things about Julia before but I never imagined she was this much of an idiot. My feelings on Tatu are really split down the middle now. Despite their fake lesbian publicity stunts I still feel their music and messages are strong and beautiful as I always have despite this unfortunate news.

[youtube]xjnBvqSZDNA[/youtube]

17. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a big fan of t.A.T.u - I can not express how disappointed in Yulia I am. She lost a fan here - as well as many fans around the world - LGBT and Heterosexual.
    People are posting pictures of their smashed t.A.T.u albums. This makes me sad not only because they are rare and expensive - but also because Yulia was only one half of t.A.T.u. Lena Katina (who I still am a big fan of) has shown her support for LGBT people many times and released a public statement.
    Many times over her career - Yulia showed support for LGBT. She even attended pride parades. She has basically slapped all of her LGBT fans across the face. She pretty much said that being lesbian is only OK because it's good to look at. Most of t.A.T.u's fans were LGBT males. Her statements on homosexual males make it look like she just used LGBT people.
    There is the other angle where she could have been pressured by the Russian 'government' to say what she did. But Yulia isn't like that - she wouldn't say something because she was told to.

She doesn't deserve success in her solo career. Lena does though because she is an accepting and nice person who doesn't act like a slut in all her videos. :kiss:

Check out "Didn't Wanna Do It" or "All Because of You" videos by Yulia Volkova if you want to see what this woman is really like now.

18. Abdadhie

I wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of publicity stunt. I'd over ever heard of tatu through WatchMojo but now I want to go and look at some of her stuff. Her views will shoot up and people will start sharing it around facebook. Who cares anyway, she'll be off the scene in five minutes anyway!

19. photoguy93

Wasn't she part of that group of two girls who tried to make it look like they were lovers? Or am I thinking of something totally different?

Either way...she's nuts.

20. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone