1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News News anchor quits on live TV due to her pro-cannabis stance

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Sep 22, 2014.

1. 741852963

Heres the actual video:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU4JVxN39Y1vCOp8tQ8EbUSg&v=rYcSqIuqkz4[/YOUTUBE]

And the news anchors reasoning:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VwtDfGajQ#t=54[/YOUTUBE]

I say good for her!

I know some people probably think "it's her job to be unbiased and act professional" but if the news network was continually broadcasting irrational and unfounded anti-cannabis claims that is akin to censorship, and her actions are a brave fight against that. Its also a good platform for her!

Personally I think it is ludicrous how it is perfectly acceptable (and even encouraged in some workplaces) for employees to discuss their drinking habits in work, yet mentioning any cannabis use is grounds for dismissal.

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not only what you mentioned but it's also funny to have these moments on live television.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

How did I cannimiss this?

They definitely have the high ground, because they did nothing bong, except maybe take a hit or two from a wrong later.

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    [​IMG]

5. 741852963

It is indeed.

And like she said, she was fired at that point anyway (as she admitted to being pro-cannabis which I believe means she is also a practicing Satanist in America?) so she had nothing to lose by going out in style with an F-bomb. I'd have liked to see her give the camera the finger, but maybe I'm asking for too much here!