1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News IS beheads Henning, threatens American hostage.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Typhoon, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. SeaSalt

I hate this as much as anyone else however we cant throw everyone who worships Islam into the same boat as these bastards, the vast majority of people who are in these religions are normal people just trying to make sense of the world who just want a peaceful life.

That being said the ones who think that they can act like this should be hunted down like the rabbid monsters they are. The more of this I hear about the more I want us to send in troops to show them how a real army fights.

3. King

That's religion for you. I see the Muslim Council of Britain couldn't be bothered making a statement, they will make one eventually stating how 'peaceful' their religion is.

These people clearly can't or won't see that Alan was an aid worked from Salford who was trying to help people.

People are now very angry and will now support David Cameron's air strikes, so their political point has backfired. The people of the Lancashire area cannot allow this to happen and now there is even more pressure from the government to prevent IS in its tracks.

4. Ridiculous

He said Islam, not Muslims. Islam is objectively an awful religion, just like Christianity. Of course there are 'good' Muslims and 'good' Christians who are intelligent enough to ignore the most disgusting things their religion instructs them to do, but that doesn't mean Islam shouldn't be criticised for trying to instruct them to do so.

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are just going to keep happening. They are trying to provoke the West. And it is working, because they're being hit with airstrikes now...only a matter of time before they fall apart, hopefully.

6. King

Here here, common sense. Religions deserve heavy criticism, but just because people rightly criticise them doesn't mean they dislike people who support it. As you said most supporters tend to be tolerant as their natural humane tendencies usually out rule certain nonsensical information given in religion.

7. SeaSalt

arent Muslims just people who worship Islam?

the Qur'an is open for interpretation just like Christianity and the Bible, we cant know what was written originally or how they were meant to be used. Some people like to focus on the bad parts. some people like to focus on the noticeably fewer good parts. then there are the people that focus on a very confusing mixture (people that dont want guys to fuck but also dont want to stone virgins) and just like everything else people will use it to do bad things. I have nothing against people or the things that they find peace in as long as it doesnt effect people who do not wish to be effected by it.

8. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just sad. What the hell is this world coming to?

9. Ryujin

Islam is the religion itself whereas Muslims are the people. The vital difference being that people can be ambivalent and make moral choices whereas, unfortunately, the religion's 'views' are decided by the loudest.
    Not that I inherently dislike Islam, simply the loudest members of it (IS) are immoral and anti-human rights etc. And supporting them would be immoral.
    If the large benevolent Muslim groups starting getting in world news to the point where ignorant people such as myself hear it, like what IS have done, then it it would change a lot if people's views on Islam positively.
    Despite this, I have a friend who is Muslim and he hasn't shown the most accepting views of the LGBT+ community and various other topics haven't been positive, to the point where I would describe him as Homophobic. To me, he is the second loudest Muslim to me, which unfortunately affects my views.
    But I don't want to generalise and I feel like i may have gone on too many tangents, so I would like to make it clear that I have no problems with Islam or Muslims.

10. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Disgusting!!!!

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, let's ignore the enormous Muslim resistance to IS, why don't we. Oh what fun it is to disguise racism by riding on the back of spurious humanitarian concerns.

12. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Islam is in need of some serious self examination. It has become a breeding ground for terrorists.

13. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just like to point out that British Muslim leaders have condemned the killing of Alan Henning, without question.

Dr Shuja Shafi of the Muslim Council of Britain described the beheading as:

"Despicable and offensive"

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation:

"I am appalled at the brutal murder of Alan Henning by the evil Isis (IS), this barbaric killing is an attack against all decent people around the world.

For weeks now the world has tried to appeal to these murderers to do the decent thing but they have no compassion or respect for human life.

Alan Henning was a British hero, he put others first and we salute him and his life of service for others. My thoughts and condolences to Alan's family and friends.

British Muslims stand with Alan's family and vow to defeat this evil ideology and barbaric organisation. Islam not only condemns these crimes but forbids them, those that carry them out are committing crimes against Islam.

Alan Henning was the best of British and we pledge to never forget him as a person and all that he has done."

(BBC News)

14. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes it's so enormous ain't it, when all they've done is make forced tiny little speeches when everyone else was looking at them expectantly.

All religions had a dark side. I include all ancient religions which worshipped some deity or another and sacrificed people, usually by burning them alive such as the Aztecs or killing them in some other way. Christianity is infamous for its Inquisition and the vile atrocities committed in the name of God. What do these religions have in common? Most of the dark side emerged during a time where there was no human compassion for such basic things as human rights and people are starting to become more aware of the importance of the human condition and of freedom of expression. In this day and age, people are aware of these things.

The people in IS are well-educated for the most part, so you can't say they didn't have an upbringing where they were taught to respect basic human rights. You don't hear about Christian militants or Jewish militants that terrorize anyone who does not accept their ideology. If someone's head is chopped off, big surprise, they are Islamists.

Philippine Islamist Militants Threaten To Behead German Hostage

Whilst I personally think that religion in general has caused a lot of harm and casualties, no matter how nice and peaceful it claims to be, it is Islam which is in the limelight for causing the most irreparable damage with its teachings. We are even experiencing it nowadays, yet some deluded few petulantly prefer to live under a rock and happily eat grass whilst saying in robotic speech: ''acts of a few''. Oh what fun that is, whilst heads are piling up in the name of Islam. Unless you decide that you believe what the Islamists say in their videos that the execution is a product of America's actions or the actions of its allies etc. etc.

Fact is that the acts of a few aren't condemned by the many. If you don't condemn a group, it is because you inherently support it. Making a few little lines on Twitter in a disguised attempt to make your religion look better is nothing short of ludicrous. The only Arab states to take part in the assaults, such as Saudi Arabia for one are doing so because they fear that IS may turn on them as it did with Syria. Has anyone actually noticed the fucked-up situation in Saudi Arabia? Is it a coincidence that Islam is the official religion there?

The fact is that the perspective of Islam has not changed from that found within the Ottoman empire and as seen in history, the most fanatic of the lot were all radicalized, so to speak. Examples in recent years or months have shown that Muslims overreact in the name of religion... and they are the only ones to do so in that manner. Examples include the Mohammed cartoon, the Katy Perry video.

Also IS didn't name their organization some random name. They named it Islamic State. Only fools and ignorant ostriches hide their head in the sand and cry racism, which is about the best they can muster :roflmao: IS butcher children too, and killed scores and scores of people during the time the World cup was set-up:

ISIS boast of slaughtering 1,700 soldiers after posting beheading video of Iraqi policeman | Daily Mail Online

Where was the Muslim condemnation then? Where is it now? [feeble twitter comments or petty outbursts saying ''they aren't like other muslims'' don't count. Are they too narrow-minded to realize that most of this is to blame on that one book they treasure so much? The rest of the blame would go to the West for being so tolerant of people they are secretly scared of [ex. Cameron: ''they are not muslims, they are monsters'']. :rolle:

15. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the interest of balancing perspective about Muslim attitudes and opinion, may I politely suggest some broadening of horizons when it comes to reading news comment on this explosive subject.

I'm sure people would prefer to be well informed, rather than easily lead.

#15 PatrickUK, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Muslims are fighting and dying while you sit at a computer complaining about their failure to do something, you sanctimonious fool.

17. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are you an IS supporter? Is that what you're trying to get at? Your posts in this thread and other threads show you care mostly about the image of Islam and Muslims rather than the consequences of their actions (not just IS-related). You're sitting right over there in front of your computer trying and failing to convince me how nice the ideology of Islam is. And you tell me I am sanctimonious one? What next?

Contrary to you I only care about the heinous crimes IS and other similar groups are committing in the name of religion. I care about the hostage they have on their hands, as well as all the other unnamed hostages in their hands, who mark my words will lose their heads, a few weeks at a time (unless by some miracle, they are rescued). I don't know either of them from Adam, but I have compassion and it's natural for normal humans in this day and age to be outraged by this massacre and that includes the massacre of the people in Syria and Iraq (who barely get any media coverage). They are repulsive. And a lot of Muslims outside of IS share their ideology, which is why there is no widespread condemnation.

Yet here you sit and tell me that I am a sanctimonious fool and a racist while men, women and children are being beheaded or cut in half in the name of a religion you are trying so hard to defend. Suavely done.

#17 Typhoon, Oct 4, 2014
  18. SeaSalt

We arent defending IS, I actually want us to send in troops to speed up the retribution process. We just think its important not to generalise and make out that all followers of Islam are inherently douche bags, Its that sort of thinking that causes this sort of shit in the first place!

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you just ignore the existence of the Iraqi army, various segments of the Syrian resistance, and other non-aligned groups?

And yes, I call you sanctimonious, because you are. You are unable to separate your sick image of all that Muslims are (which is a very narrow picture), justifying hatred and bigotry and deliberate misunderstanding of Muslims, while ignoring that Muslims are fighting and dying to defeat the people you are criticising, too. Can I make it more clear? Or are you insistent on making Muslims your monstrous enemy to be wiped out by your glorious army?

There is widespread condemnation. There are Muslims laying down their lives to prevent the Islamic State from winning. There are Muslims with no military links being slaughtered by the Islamic State, while you pretend that Muslims are all cheering them on. You're just looking away from it so you can keep your illusion which lets you hate without any self-analysis.

#19 Aussie792, Oct 4, 2014
  20. RAdam

The only reason they fight the IS is because they are directly being threatened. Muslims world wide have not shown enormous resistance. However plenty believe that it is a zionic conspiracy, also plenty show support for IS worldwide. The majority might not agree with IS as you said but they sure as hell ain't showing enormous support. You're so easy to call everyone that criticises the Islam a racist. There are over a billion Muslims and there are only a few thousand Muslims that openly stand up against IS, the radical Muslims outnumber the Muslims that stand up against IS greatly. A silent majority does not make a relevant majority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.