1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steven Spielberg joins Brad Pitt

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by kramer362, Sep 24, 2008.

1. kramer362

Now Spielberg and his wife Kate Capshaw donated 100 grand to support gay marriage and fight Proposition 8...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/09/23/entertainment/e063254D20.DTL&type=politics

"By writing discrimination into our state constitution, Proposition 8 seeks to eliminate the right of each and every citizen in our state to marry regardless of sexual orientation," the statement said. "Such discrimination has NO place in California's constitution, or any other."

Makes me feel good when celebrities show support. It almost forgives Spielberg's use of Tom Cruise in his movies in recent years :lol:

2. Thats fantastic.

Come on Hollywood.

3. Loveless

Loveless Guest

Yay ^_^(!)(!)(!)(!)

4. EM68

5. omgitssum1

omgitssum1 Guest

Good news for all of us :grin:

6. Fiender

While I do think it's nice of him and it's a welcome contribution, there are religious groups out there donating millions to support prop8.

7. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. Tim

Tim

Yes, but celebs > religious groups when it comes to swaying the public, They'd rather not risk spielberg not making movies or brad pitt/angelina not acting anymore <_< lol (Bad examples, but it gets what I mean across)