1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Getting A Bit Scared

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ZenMusic, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So I was on PinkNews yesterday and apparently Germany wanted to legalize consenting incest. I feel like this will prove certain groups right about Gay people. What do you think?

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How about a link to the article?

Relatives can have sex together if they want I guess. How would the police know what people do in private? Getting married is another matter. Incestuous relationships have no more to do with gay people than straight people, however, uninformed people will blame GLBT people as usual.

3. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    People need to realize that just because you're not interested in something, doesn't mean it should be illegal... I mean I think coca-cola is nasty compared to pepsi but i'm not going to make it illegal for you to drink coca-cola.

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's the problem with consenting incest? I wouldn't do it, but i have nothing against it.

We have lots of straight people telling us we can't love someone of the same sex, why the hell we, LGBT people, we that fight for survival everyday in a world that hates us, would judge someone just because they feel love in a different way?

As long as it isn't hurting someone, and it is consensual, it is ok.

6. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It could be worse, they could have been trying to legalise bestiality, or something.

7. ZenMusic

Thought Incest was wrong? And also, if I cared so much about what people did in their bedrooms, I'd have a very big problem with Lesbians.

8. RAdam

Incest is forbidden because of the high chance on offspring with birth defects. This would mean if incestuous relationships were allowed it would create very bad gene pools and a whole lot of misery. If you would want to prevent that you'd either have to forbid them from having children or only make it legal for infertile/castrated etc. people or same sex relationships.

Can't prove anything but I can imagine the psychological impact it will have on other family members or members of a communities won't be that great either.

Offspring with birth defects are generally hurting either emotionally or physically.

9. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Oh thank goodness I was hoping someone would have some common sense. Incest is banned for good reason. There are just too many risks involved.

10. DoriaN

I'm not sure what Science has said on it, but I almost feel like as we live on the human race and our genes become deteriorated and if we have relations with our next of kin we will have issues.

Part of me wonders if the consequences would have been so drastic thousands of years ago, assuming if the gene pool was stronger or more unified.

That's personal speculation though.

In both heart and mind I feel incest is wrong, but we all do things that are wrong so I really can't say much other than I'm 'not for it'.

11. Ridiculous

News flash: sex doesn't equal children.
    Concerns about inbreeding are legitimate but they are not a legitimate reason against a complete ban on incest, any more than much higher HIV transmission rates are a reason to ban same sex relationships.

12. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh thank goodness I was hoping someone would have some common sense. Incest is banned for good reason. There are just too many risks involved.[/QUOTE]

Ban the reproduction, or at least educate people so we avoid reproduction in that case.

LOVE ISN'T ALL ABOUT REPRODUCTION. If it was, then LGBT people would be wrong too,as we don't naturally reproduce. Think!

13. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Chiroptera said it well. When people just focus on reproducing, it honestly reminds me of the people who use that as an argument against LGBT marriage.