1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News One man's quest to undermine his cousin's marriage to a transgender man

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ChameleonSoul, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Aldrick

I was coming here to post this as well. This is so horrible. I am glad that they at least have support from some members of their families.

Stay strong Nick and Jessica.

I hope they can sue for slander or defamation.

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Woww what a busy body of a cousin!

3. mangotree

I just came to post this as well.
    I'm utterly disgusted.

4. Tardis2020

Congratulations to Jessica and Nick for their marriage. When can we make things like what the cousin did equivalent to a hate crime? I hope he winds up miserable and alone.

5. ChameleonSoul

Sorry I ninja'd everyone, but when I saw this I was utterly disgusted and knew that everyone here would want to see it if they hadn't already. I don't care what your views on transgendered people are, you don't go and ruin your cousin's marriage. I think the part that bothered me the most was the fact he said that Nick was a woman posing as a man. Hate to break it to you, Bobby, but Nick is more of a man than you'll ever be!

We're all here for you, Nick and Jessica. Love will always win over ignorance. (&&&)

#6 ChameleonSoul, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  6. Aldrick

No need to apologize ChameleonSoul. We all just had the same reaction when we read it--it is so horrible and disgusting that we wanted to share the story. Hopefully the more people who read it the more support grows for them.

What really rubs salt in the wound is the fact that Nick is now having trouble at work, since people now know he is trans. Sadly, it sounds like he is now facing work place discrimination.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Ah, the joys of being trans. Discrimination everywhere. Articles like these make me all the more hopeless.

Placing my own bitterness aside, I'd love to kick this guy in the balls. I'm appalled. His ignorance just created a colossal amount of problems for Nick, but I really hope that him and Jessica receive all of the support they need.

8. Ruthven

oooh seriously the video pissed me off with all the misgendering and pure gross ignorance from those two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

like how could you be so obsessed that you have to go on this little campaign and ruin shit for someone.

9. DoriaN

Ridiculous, wow.

No words.

What hatt.

10. PurpleGrey

This is absolutely disgusting on so many levels. Public betrayal of one's own family, outing a transman on television, repeatedly misgendering him, calling these two people lesbians when they most certainly are not.

And to top it all off, to actually portray the process of correcting one's legal gender as something easy and something to be done as a scam. Everyone knows you can't hand out doctor's letters and court orders like candy. I cannot express how disturbed I am by this idiot.

11. Blossom85

I read the article and watched that video of the cousin and that other guy taking and OMG.. I could hardly watch it all as I was just appalled by what they had to say.. I think being here as really helped my full understanding of what transgender means.. I never understood it before, still never discriminated but was never aware of what it meant.. But watching that made me so angry and almost like I wanted to punch them both in the head.. I don't get angry to the point of wanting to do physical damage often, but wow.. I would have loved to then.. And to have your own cousin be the one to do this is just even more appalling. I feel for them so much.. I hope they Stay strong and know they have a lot of supporters and people who care.