1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Hong Kong Protests

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SpaceSuit, Oct 15, 2014.

1. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The use of extreme force last night against the Hong Kong protesters was expected, but unfortunate. :icon_sad: I'm worried about their safety even more now. I think what they're working towards (true democracy) is a really good thing, but I hate that the government there is just rejecting them and not even trying to negotiate. I hope we see changes in the future and that the protesters stick it out. I wish I could be there to add to their numbers.

Hong Kong Police Attack On Protester Sparks Outrage

2. Ashley2103

I think a magical massive military coup is the only way to get democracy in China and therefore Hong Kong. I don't see any other way. In other words, I think they are screwed.

3. Candace

I saw this on the morning news. I really feel disgusted by their government. Let's promote peace between everyone by beating our citizens senselessly. Yeah, that sends a really positive message, doesn't it? *sarcasm used*

4. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. The government officials aren't going to give up their power unless they are forced to. It disgusts me that the people who are suppose to be protecting the country and citizens are only in it for their own greedy reasons. :frowning2:. And now the older generation are starting pro-government groups to attack the protesters. It's a mess.

5. ChameleonSoul

I, for one, LOVE the Chinese government! They really know how to keep people in line! *sarcasm* :dry:

6. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @ChameleonSoul, lol. I'm pretty sure that's how all those protesters are feeling. (Btw, off topic, but I love your Tolstoy quote).

7. henohenomoheji

I actually really hope this hong kong protest would spark something greater in China. There's a reason why there are so many international talents are going to other countries and it's because the government is suppressing the people's minds over there. China has so much potential but the darn government is in the way! :angry:
    Unfortunately the truth is that the government is too strong and the mindset of the Chinese Citizens are either brainwashed or aware but will not act, due to the submissive-to-authoritative-nature of the Chinese culture (I know because I live in one). And right now I haven't heard anything big on the Hong Kong protests so this might fail to become something as big as I am hoping :frowning2: