1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Cafe owner takes a stand against naughty miss-behaved kids

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Blossom85, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Blossom85

2. PurpleGrey

What kind of idiot changes diapers on a cafe table?? That is disgusting!

3. BiPenguin

I agree with the owner. As a parent, there is no way I would allow my children to run about like a crazy person out in public unless they're at a park or such. Restaurants, cafes, etc is the perfect opportunity to teach children how to behave correctly while out in public but sadly, there are lazy arsed parents who don't give a shit.

4. RainDreamer

Well, she had a very sound ground for this: The kids were disturbing her other customers, and they caused property damage. This is not like she is banning them because of a preconception of kids are bad in general - that would be discrimination. She is trying to protect herself from further damage to her business by enacting a policy on rowdy behaviour. Just as those "no shirt no shoes no services" rules that some places have, this place is just having "no destroying store's property and disturbing others" rule.

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the comment from that customer about not wanting her kids to eat fast food all the time, like she can't cook them a healthy meal or something.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I support the owner. It's not at all an unreasonable demand.

Here in Baltimore, you sometimes have little bars/coffee shops that will allow dogs, but only if they're well behaved. It's not technically legal, though I always have liked when I see them. It's funny; I've gone out certain nights, and the most entertaining being at the bar may have been a pitbull.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone who is unruly shouldn't be allowed in public

8. Candace

BRAVO! I applaud her. If you don't know how to properly educate your child on how to behave in public, then they don't go out. Simple as that. Changing your child's diaper? Throwing salt and pepper shakers? Running around screaming? If you want to have a restaurant that has that, then build your own damn restaurant! It's one thing if the child acts out, but it's really REALLY irritating to me and blatantly unacceptable when the parent does nothing or yet *encourages* to act in that manner. It's just like a library or a theater. Certain standards are set in place, include how one should act. If you want your "little people, not animals" to come eat at her restaurant, as someone there quoted, then they will be under the same standard as every one there that is a person. Behaved and quiet.

9. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Make it so the parents who aren't going to teach the kids to behave not be allowed to come in either.

10. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Changing a nappy on a cafe table? That's fucking nasty! You go to a cafe to eat, not watch someone change their kid's shitty nappy on a fucking table.

11. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion if you change a DIAPER on a table you deserve to be in a mental hospital.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Children should be banned in public.

13. Blossom85

I also do agree with the cafe owner, there has been a lot of debate about it on different facebook pages I like as it is actually a cafe in my own little area of paradise and it seems the people making a fuss are the parents of the kids who feel it is their god given right to let their children run amok. I think what some people forget is that it is a cafe that serves hot beverages and what if one of the kids ran into a wait staff carrying the hot drinks and they get spilled on someone.. My mum said she never felt embarrassed by my and my sisters behavior whilst out for dinner or in places like that and it is sad in this day and age where some people are offended by a persons right to make house rules in their own establishment.

14. RainDreamer

Some people make house rules to not serve LGBT people in their establishment.
    I think it is better to be sad about parents who are offended when they get asked to leave because of their unruly children destroy another person's business.

15. Blossom85

I certainly understand where you are coming from there and maybe I didn't use the right words to convey what I meant so I am sorry if I have offended you.. I know some 'house rules' establishments make are blatantly disgusting and unfair, however I do think this one that this owner made about kids running amok in her place of business was fair.. She didn't say she wouldn't allow children in her cafe, but I think parents need to think of where they are in terms of if it is the best place for their children to be at. I don't think it is appropriate for kids to be running around and jumping on furniture when there are hot beverages being served. She is a single mother and has built this business up herself, so I can see how she wouldn't want her place of business to be destroyed by kids who have parents that don't know how to teach their children manners and respectful behavior in public.

16. Nikky DoUrden

I couldn't say it any better !