1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Attack in Dallas Airport

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pret Allez, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm only a bit disappointed that the defenders were a little bit physically inept. However, there were a lot of them. It's nice to know we have our defenders.

[youtube]XxWimFepdn4[/youtube]

Just in case anybody was wondering, it's hateful attitudes like this that make it impossible for me to ever endorse nonviolence as a humanizing strategy.

2. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

Okay, fair enough the guy was a d*ckhead and deserved to be taken down... however that one guy who tried to put him into a choke hold took it too far and should've also been restrained.

3. Aldrick

A pity he was not shot and killed. Black men are killed for less than that by the police all the time. This being Texas, once the jury knows he was trying to harm a gay man, he is going to get off and get high fives from them afterward.

4. ouji

ouji Guest

Oh My God! Well, I am glad to see that the guy had a ton of defenders to come help him out.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know. :frowning2: I was kinda sad about that part too...

The attacker is just a complete defector from humanity...

6. Candace

Okay, well the guy shouldn't have kicked the guy, but the police were using a little too much force, imo.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gets her British accent on:

"I say there, sir, that kicking of the perceived to be gay man was a bit rude, you know, so we're going to just kindly pin you to the ground, hopefully avoiding your face making contact with the separating pillar during this process. Oh, terribly sorry sir, and we're now going to place you under arrest, again quite kindly, and we will take you to Time Out so that you can think about what's bothering you. Awfully hate the inconvenience you know, but the whole random violence thing was so conflicting. Terribly hard to be law enforcement these days... Yes..."

*Gets tea from nearby TSA agent, sips with pinky finger appropriately elevated. Adjust stupid looking constable hat.*

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm surprised they didn't empty their service revolvers into him. After all, this did happen not only in America, but also in Texas.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not all that surprised they didn't shoot. I mean, the kick was really slow and inept. Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed the man didn't block it better... I'm also disappointed that the man who first began to intervene was sort of slow and went to grappling. He should have gone to striking...

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm disappointed by the whole thing.

11. Aldrick

Yeah, no kidding. I mean assaulting a cop around here (or TSA agent in this case) would have resulted in you riding the lightning, at the very least. Then when laying on the ground, every time he opened his mouth with a threat, he would have gotten another ride until he shut the hell up. At. The. Least.

I honestly do not know why some people think "excessive" violence was used to detain him. Seriously? What the fuck? He was threatening someone, kicked a TSA Agent in the balls, and then slapped the Agent's face as he bent over. This was as soft as it could possibly get. He is lucky that someone did not take his head and begin pounding it into the ground.

I mean... shit. What did people expect? "Thanks for kicking me in the nuts and slapping me in the face. Please, sir, will you do it again?"

12. Aldrick

I am making that assumption. I could be wrong, though.

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am thinking that the man was just a traveler. I'm not sure that he was gay, either. He was just wearing a pink shirt, and that color is getting more and more popular among conventionally masculine men, so I'm not even sure to what degree it's a "read" anymore.

I don't think we get to call it excessive force. I wouldn't have called breaking one of the guy's arms excessive force. Really, the only thing that would have been excessive would have been outright killing him, or anything permanently disfiguring...

14. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not the only one.

15. Ashley2103

He was drunk, not all of us handle alcohol too well, even then, gee I hate when homophobes are impossible to change its like, can I have a magical spell to make you view things in a more tolerant way for once? I don't know if airports allow alcohol, but if they do, dayum they should ban that shit from airports. I know Amsterdam Airport had a weed bar or something, but even some people are complete immature dicks on that, so they should ban that shit from airports too. Oh god, I'm ranting.... *shuts mouth*

16. Mace

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Although there is nothing wrong with your argument, please allow me to correct you on one thing. Amsterdam Airport does not have or did not have a weed bar.

I know, our country has the image of being one big collection of weed addicted lunatics, but that's not completely true. We just have a pragmatic look at the use of cannabis. And it seems to work, as in the Netherlands, the use of cannabis per capita is about a third of that in the USA*). Who's the lunatic here?

Having said that, you're completely right. Travel and alcohol (or any other drug) don't mix very well.

*) Source: World Drug Report 2011 by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

17. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it was cool that nearly everyone in the crowd immediately converged on the hateful guy to tackle him after he kicked the man.
    Well done, moral American citizens. :thumbsup:

18. Ashley2103

Sorry for offending you, I wasn't promoting nor condemning cannabis. I just don't think drugs should be allowed in airports. I wasn't trying to make you think I was stereotyping the Netherlands or anything. The last time I was in Amsterdam airport I was a kid and my parents pointed out a cannabis cafe or something, maybe they banned it or something, maybe my parents just made a dumb assumption, I really don't know, but I'll take your word for it, they don't have it.

#18 Ashley2103, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  19. LiquidSwords

Is this a joke or?

20. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure banning alcohol in airports is the answer, but bars and flight attendants should be a bit more strict about cutting people off before they get drunk. Too many stories of drunks on airplanes...

Alcohol lowers inhibitions. The homophobic (and racist) bully in that video is probably like that when sober ... and even worse when drunk. After all, the other guy in the airport tried to talk him down but to no avail.

He should be held responsible for his actions as if he were 100% sober at the time. It bothered me when the guys who got the video footage were talking like they "hoped he was just drunk or on something." Maybe there would be less of an alcoholism / drug-abuse problem in this country if people knew they were fully responsible for their actions, even when fueled by drugs or alcohol.