1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Title Fight in Montana: Champ Joe Louis vs. "Peek-A-Boo" VanDyke

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pret Allez, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Title Fight in Montana: Champ Joe Louis vs. "Peek-A-Boo" VanDyke

By way of background, my state is stupid, so as regular citizens uneducated in law, we vote on our Supreme Court justices. Lawrence VanDyke is running on "Law, Not Politics," meaning he's a guy who thinks Roe should be reconsidered, thinks intelligent design should be taught as science, and who threw a hissy fit while working for the Department of Justice, because he got assigned to argue Donaldson and Guggenheim v. Montana (with plantiffs arguing for relief in the form of domestic partnership benefits).

Anyway, he's getting tons of money for his campaign, and I hate this state if he wins...

Stuff like this is critical right now, because we have 2004 amendment searing cruelty into our constitution, shit is going down in the Ninth Circuit, and this guy is at war not just with LGBT Montanans, but the whole Enlightenment...

#1 Pret Allez, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why's it so conservative, there? Did Mormons infest the place, or something? I'd think it would be more free spirited. When I stayed in Bozeman, it didn't seem all that bad, but maybe that's 'cause it was a college town.

Well, good luck, and hopefully, reason will prevail.