1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Christian rapper Jackie Hill-Perry comes out as ex-gay firebrand

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by geoworld24, Oct 29, 2014.

1. geoworld24

geoworld24 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really hate people like this, they perpetuate the myth that you can change your sexuality. I spent a huge and painful part my life believing this and that I wasn't trying hard enough.

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uggh..count me in too. I kept trying to change, but you can't change your sexuality, even if it is fluid. It is its own stream.

3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She says she was sexually abused by a family friend when she 5. Around the same time, she experienced gender confusion that had coalesced into an attraction to women when she turned 17. She became sexually active with her first girlfriend, and then another. She became a regular at gay clubs and at gay pride parades in St. Louis.

While lying in bed in October 2008, she reflected on her lifestyle and had an epiphany that she addressed in her spoken-word piece “My Life as a Stud”: “Then, one day, the Lord spoke to me. He said, ‘She will be the death of you.’ In that moment, the scripture for the wages of sin equal death finally clicked.”

“What I had been taught in church until the age of 10 coincided with the truth in my conscious that a holy God and just God would be justified in sending me, an unrepentant sinner to hell,” she said, “but also that this same God sent His son to die on my behalf and forgive me if only I believe.”

She left her girlfriend and returned to church. The next year, she met her future husband at the first spoken-word event where she performed “My Life as a Stud.” Over time, she lost her attraction to women and gained an attraction to Mr. Perry, who she began dating three years later.

So her alleged conversion was based on God telling her she was going to die due to some relationship she had with a woman? God's got time out of "his" busy day to do this, but not tell some ISIL member to stop raping women and killing people?

also

Now pregnant with a girl, Ms. Hill-Perry is concerned her daughter will face persecution for sharing her beliefs by the time she reaches 25 years old.

“I think we’re moving toward a time in our society when, in the next 20 to 25 years, Christians are going to see a massive amount of persecution when it comes to the topic of homosexuality, and there will be no such thing as tolerance for Christianity,” she says. “[People will believe that] if you’re a Christian, you are a horrible human being, period.”

Seriously? Not denying a group of people their rights is persecuting Christians? Sure, if you're using Christianity or any other religion to oppress someone else or force them into conversion therapy then you ARE a horrible human being. No one is trying to deny so called Christians the right to live the way they want. It's so called Christians that are the ones trying to do that.

4. Kate Lee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  5. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    She makes no sense.

6. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She sounds more like someone who has fluid sexuality or someone who has identity issues because they were raped rather than someone who is genuinely gay. She can't speak for us as far as I'm concerned because we know that sexuality can't be altered by the use of any kind of conversion therapy, epiphany or prayer.

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people don't that say things like

“Then, one day, the Lord spoke to me. and mean it literally. I wonder how much of the original religious texts were the result of someone thinking God or Allah literally spoke to someone.

8. flatlander48