1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News The gay people pushed to change their gender

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by doinitagain, Nov 4, 2014.

1. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #1 doinitagain, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. RainDreamer

It is not that new, Iran has been performing so many sex reassignment surgery (SRS) that it is the second country in the world behind Thailand in number of SRS procedures. It is one of the interesting country where homosexuality is being considered worse than being a transgender person, due to sex orientation and gender idenity being considered one and the same, I suspect.

3. 741852963

I read that earlier, truly terrible. The trauma faced by a non-trans person being pushed into this is unimaginable, particularly for the gay men involved as the MTF surgery is especially difficult to reverse.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually heard people pushing gays and lesbians to do this It's just sick .

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not just in Iran, but in many countries, dull, religious old men in robes seek to impose their dullness on the rest of the population. One day, maybe by the end of this century, Humanity will have moved on from ancient superstitions, but till then, the dull old moralists will still hold sway over many.

6. iiimee

God, I have never heard of this, but it doesn't surprise me. Being forced to change gender? If I was in their shoes, I'd want to run as far away as I could. Still, where will they run with no support? I know it's a little off topic, but this reminds me of something. Christians complain about being persecuted for millions of years, yet they did the same to the homosexuals... Anybody think the church can be a little two-faced?

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey give them a chance, at least they are not burning folks at the stake, or torturing them for being heretics anymore. Baby steps, right?

8. DoriaN

Yes... unfortunately.

That's one reason I have a lot of trouble going to church... I want to go there for God but my brothers and sisters sometimes don't realize how they are, but it's such a passionate issue that it's hard for people to deal with.

I won't claim to be a good Christian, but it seems to me like so many of the Bible's passages are harmonious and make sense, but then 1 or 2 lines cause an entire uproar of heart and soul. Then we now have a disjointed branch, and we have to break off and piece together various parts to make it make sense and flow again.

It just doesn't seem right that such a major issue could be such a stumbling block. If we believe that all good things come from God, then why would an issue that creates sin hurt and hypocriticalness be considered acceptable or even reasonable?

We all have flaws, all are guilty of sin, all are equally condemned, there is no way to earn back the mistakes or to undo them. If we are all equally saved through Jesus' blood on the cross, having paid the blood price of sin which is one's life, we are equally redeemed and there is no respect of person's with God.

Sooooo if a lot of Christians are clinging to Old Laws, of which we were never part of, then how much worse are they that try to earn their righteousness, smacking the free gift of life that was delivered?

Sorry, very passionate.

Hate is dumb Dx

9. RainDreamer

Speaking as someone who was born in the wrong body, I certainly think being forced into such a situation is a fate worse than death.

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had no idea it was that bad.

11. RainDreamer

Well, it begins with something that could be described as a thinnest silver lining amongst all the horrible things happened in Iran. A transwomen was able to prove that she is indeed a woman inside a male body to the Iranian religious leader back in the 80s, and moved by all the hardship she went through to get to him and talk to him, he declared a fatwa that allow for transpeople to get all their necessary procedures, medically and legally, to live the gender they identify with- Read more about the story here here.

More importantly, thanks to the fatwa, the government is required support the transgender community. They declared that health insurance company must cover these procedures, and will provide all necessarily legal documents in their identified gender, even their birth certificate.

Despite all this good things above, the reason I said it was a silver lining because the religious leader that declared this fatwa was considered an extremist by some - he is Ruhollah Khomeini. There are blood of thousands of people on his hand.

And as we see now, the fatwa that once were the saving grace to transpeople became a weapon against other members in the LGBT families, including non-op transpeople.

It is a very complicated situation there.

12. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I thought their president said there were no gay people in Iran, lol.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow... that... just wow.