1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOB also donated to protect gay marriage in cali.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by tazzie, Oct 7, 2008.

1. tazzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey came across this on music website,might be old news but heh thought should throw it up.
    Fall Out Boy have donated $50,000 to protect gay marriage in the state of California. Whilst it is presently legal for same sex couples to marry in the state, a new proposition has been put forward to change the bill to read: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." The band, along with high profile celebrities like Steven Spielberg and Brad Pitt have publicly condemned the change and lent their financial support for the crusaders.

Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz has spoken about his own sexual experimentation in the past. “When I said that I make out with dudes, there was a slight sense of sexual rebellion in that,” he told Out magazine. "Our culture bombards us with this idea that you’re not that, and if you are that, there’s something wrong with you, and then we’re going to call you that, and then it’s an insult,” he continued.

http://channelv.com.au/V/Article.aspx?ID=2461
    anywayz happy reading :thumbsup:

2. Amy

Amy

this is amazing! it will probably encourage a whole lot of young voters to vote no.

*dances*

why i love pete wentz