1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Church fires gay minister for being in a Facebook photo with gay people - See more at

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by markosss, Nov 19, 2014.

1. markosss

#1 markosss, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. DoriaN

Re: Church fires gay minister for being in a Facebook photo with gay people - See mor

You know, we're supposed to let the Spirit convict and work through us, yet all these men and women think they can do the work of God. It's blasphemy.

No one can change another's heart, and all are condemned and equally sinful. For these sinners to be prejudice to other sinners is sinful, and sadly like Jesus had said, there likely will prostitutes and thieves entering the kingdom of God before them.

SO thankful I was created lgbt, so that I might have the eyes to see T_T

3. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Re: Church fires gay minister for being in a Facebook photo with gay people - See mor

I'm so glad many churches in the U.S. have been moving towards acceptance for LGBTQ people, but it's happening much more slowly for some than others. A major popular church in my area pulled support from Boy Scouts when they started to allow gay members. Ridiculous.

4. Stripe101

How is this unbelievable? How do you expect a church would respond?

5. kumawool

Forgive me, but if I comment too deeply on this topic, my 12 years of religious catholic education will show. Sorry guys, I'm the 'almost became a priest' gay guy :rolle:

But this is so fucking stupid. They fundamentally miss the point in emulating the life of Jesus as Christians.

Good Lord people can be thick.

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2014 at 06:39 PM ----------

I expect a church to respond with love for all people. This false advertising bullshit has to stop, I'm so tired that just anyone can set up a church, with literally no theological interpretation other than going "ohmijeebus, I read the bible and take it word for word #REALCHRISTIAN" without studying history, context, culture, important themes, anything. And don't get me started on the people that think the bible floated down on a cloud from the heavens.

dammit :tantrum:

#5 kumawool, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014