1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Country star comes out ... hmmm

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't believe I'm posting this, but I saw it earlier a few times and ignored it. It seems like there's 1 a day and a person gets to the point, "so, what else is new?" and "thank you for sharing."

I thought it would have been someone who would have jolted us with the news, like some hunky, sandy haired good ole boy with stubble and who was built like a Mack truck. Nope. It's Ty Herndon.

Ty Herndon, from what I recall, was busted for some sort of interlude in a park in Fort Worth TX. My friend told me to look at the news. My friend said that he was a good looking guy, too. He has had a bumpy ride since that event.

In photos, depending on how he's accessorized or posed, he either looks hot ... or not. Here's a hot:

http://img.cache.vevo.com/Content/VevoImages/artist/11A40B826168A4B845C5D9D6D808DE81.jpg?height=350&crop=auto

So, he's being honest and possibly he's trying to reinvent himself, too. We're all entitled to that.

2. AlamoCity

I found an article about it. [​IMG]

While I'm always happy to hear of country singers who come out as gay, I am still waiting for a "popular" male contemporary country singer to come out as gay (women can probably get away with it more than men).

3. Hiems

^ For real... like how groundbreaking would it be if that happened for someone more contemporary, e.g. Hunter Hayes?

Coming out as a male country artist is probably tougher than for a pop artist, due to the conservative nature of the audience, and so it's unlikely to happen.

Also, I highly doubt he is gay or bi. That's just wishful thinking on my part :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. piano71

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    #4 piano71, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. photoguy93

I'm glad others alluded to the lack of fame here. Obviously, these people are celebrities but I saw the headline of a "country star" and I immediately thought of the popular acts.

Cases like his won't break the ceiling, but they might get the conversation started.

Hunter...you're up next!

6. Hiems

Guys... another male country star by the name of Billy Gilman just came out. Like Ty, I don't think he's super popular. Regardless, yay for more visibility :grin:

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Cool, It's nice to see more country singers coming out since It's not really as acceptable to be gay in the genre

8. kumawool

I suspect that a lot of the stereotypical and non-stereotypical 'red neck' country stars are more gay than they appear, or would like to admit.

We know all about the overly 'manly' guys often repressing those urges :eusa_naug.

Maybe a big truck hides a few different things! :eusa_liar

9. Incognito10

Apparently, Ty Herndon did just come out as gay (just googled it). While he was not extremely popular,I remember him from the 90s being "popular."

10. tulipinacup

Lol, why am I not surprised.