1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudbury Candidate: Execute Gays

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nitro, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Nitro

http://www.365gay.com/news/canadian-politician-execute-gays/

No country is free from this kind of nonsense. What is concerning however, is that the last time he ran for office he received 124 votes or roughly 0.38% support. 124 people not only agreed with him, but, recognizing that he was a long shot, still felt it to be the best use of their votes to support him and his platform of hate.

By comparison, the WBC has about 80 members.

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Sudbury Candidate: Excute Gays

It really pisses me off to see people getting away with things like that. "Blacks should be enslaved because the Bible says so" would result in a riot, probably. "Women should be subjugated because the Bible says so" would get him removed from his position and probably unlikely to ever hold office again. How long before that same comfort is extended to LGBT people?

EDIT: Good signs - he only ever gets less than 1% of the votes in the elections he runs for, the audience shot back at him very quickly, and none of the comments so far are in favor of him. See how far Canada has gotten, America? And you call them our little sister? From an obesity perspective, that might just be the case.

#2 Wander, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I hope they do throw his ass in jail.

4. pirateninja

Ten Commandments; "Thou shalt not kill."

If he wants everyone to follow his bible's rules, whos going to kill us?

Not only is he an asshole, he's a braindead idiot.

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Remember, if you're with the LORD, the Ten Commandments are really just recommendations. They're negotiable. Or so I'm told.

6. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

People like him are so ignorant and hypocritical.

Maybe if he read The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare he'd remember that the devil can cite Scripture for his own purpose.

7. EM68

That is so disgraceful! Throw him in jail!

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

beckyg getting rowdy!! :grin:

It gives me moderate comfort to know at least that i live in a country where you can be criminally charged for such hateful remarks.

9. Smishnal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I guess this is as fine a topic as any to make my first post on (fourth or fifth including anonymous posts...), since at least there's something that clearly needs to be said.

The idea that a person ought to be thrown in jail for giving their opinion on an issue when asked a question is almost as revolting as the idea that homosexuals should be executed.

It seems to me that, just like the gay-basher, the person who wants to sentence him to jail for expressing his opinion truly has no idea of what constitutes a civil society. Notice that the more we suppress the free speech of people in this manner, the more similar to the countries we think of as backwards we become. Lets not give up what's most precious in our western civilisation in order to make a few fringe idiots shut up.

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is nothing angrier than the offended mother of an LGBT child.

11. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard similar remarks from my own family. That's why I consider myself persona non grata at my grandparents' place... I'm not out to them but grandpa once said that gay people should be killed.