1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Ferguson grand jury results

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LutheranGuy, Nov 21, 2014.

1. LutheranGuy

The entire country is staking out Missouri today expecting officer Darren Wilson to be indemnified for shooting Michael Brown. Where do you stand?

2. Ashley2103

What does indemnified mean?

3. Benway

Benway Guest

It means the fucking pig walks free and gets a paid vacation for murdering someone for being a different color than him.

4. photoguy93

I don't know all of the evidence - because I think everyone has shown different sides, so I'm hoping that the grand jury is able to take the EVIDENCE and make the best decision.

5. Benway

Benway Guest

The pig should get the chair, but because he's a member of the Fraternal Brotherhood (cult) of Police in Ferguson he'll get a commendation and a medal because he's just a 'good old boy' and he can't tell his asshole from a hole in ground. Randy Newman said it best...

[YOUTUBE]2nGw_vAnqPI[/YOUTUBE]

6. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

One thing that I have come to understand in life is, if you don't give the police a reason to shoot you, they won't.

7. photoguy93

I don't mean to be rude, but are you a lawyer/judge/or person who has seen all of the evidence?

While he may get off in some ways because he is an officer, I do NOT want this to be a world where we so blatantly say someone is guilty simply because they are __ or ___. This goes for the poor boy that was shot - I hate that some people assume he's guilty because he's black.

I just want the truth to get out there!

8. Tardis2020

We can't say someone is guilty just because they're black, we can't say someone is guilty just because they're white or a cop, or a white cop. Evidence is the only way to really say. Not to mention everyone is fed bias information. Anything you've ever read about this case has been either in favor of one of the two sides. None are truly neutral.

9. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

What are you smoking?

Mr. Brown was involved in an armed robbery previously in the day, there was marijuana in his system, and there is strong evidence that supports the story of him trying to grab the officers gun. The story of Brown being a decent guy isn't holding up, is it?

However the truth (whatever it might be) seems to have been overlooked by the morons in Ferguson who have jumped to their own prejudiced conclusions.

#9 Mangaholic, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  10. Tardis2020

Get to be called a white supremacist, because when two people of different races interact it can only be about race :bang:

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because someone was high and a thief (even though that's disputable given the self-protective clan mentality of police), that doesn't mean that the police have the right to murder that person.

I couldn't care less if Brown were any of the things others have claimed him to be. The fact that people rush to defend a policeman who killed somebody, very dubiously claimed to be self-defence, is more worrying than anyone's past.

Disputing Brown's character is a reactive way to try to justify why you think he deserved death, not look for a full picture. In a case of a police shooting, what that person did beforehand is almost irrelevant if what happened at the shooting isn't a direct consequence. Remember how long it took for a coherent reason to be given after the shooting?

12. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

No. What is really troubling is that people rushed to claim that this was, without a doubt, a case of racism. The reason why people have had to defend this guy to such an extent is down to the level of aggressiveness that the Michael Brown supporters have shown.

Actually, the fact that he had marijuana in his system is relevant since it would affect his mental state at the time, and the fact that he was involved in a robbery early in the day is also relevant since it could directly affect how he interacts with a cop.

Generally, I think that the police are complete scumbags, however I judge on a case-by-case basis. In this case, there is more evidence supporting the claims of the officer.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? Spell out the evidence.

Is it the evidence provided by the police?

14. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

Well, the gunpowder residue on Mr. Brown's hand shows that his hand was very close to the barrel of the gun, which strongly suggests he was attempting to grab it. [I think there were 3 separate autopsies]

The fact that he was involved in an armed robbery in the morning, offers us reason to believe that he would be potentially volatile. [video evidence]

The marijuana in his system could have diminished his mental functions and thus made him act without thinking/restraint. [toxicology reports]

Many conflicting eye-witness reports, so those are not exactly reliable.

-----

I am not in support of anyone in this. I have only offered up/suggest a counter-theory since some people have already decided that he is a murderer and that is completely unfair.

#14 Mangaholic, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  15. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Both sides are irrational in their own way. Michael Brown committed a felony and tried assaulting an officer, so what happened was more so and unfortunate occurrence that should not of happened. The officer reacted poorly and shot an unarmed teen, even though he was trained to handle these kinds of situations without weapons when possible.

I also don't believe this has anything to do with race. It's always easy to play the race card, and it seems as if people associate most conflicts between people of different races to be provoked because they have different races. If Michael would have been white, then the issue would have a much different result.

So really, I think the officer just made a poor judgment on when it's okay to use his gun. He should receive some sort of punishment for poorly doing his job and unnecessarily taking the life of another human being.

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be surprised if he is indicted, sadly.

17. AlamoCity

One thing I don't like is that it is damn near impossible to impanel a jury that is impartial in this matter. So much information was "leaked" by the police department that it is hard to find a juror living in that county that wasn't "tainted."

18. SomeLeviathan

white cop shoots unarmed black kid who was 100+ feet away

nope totally not racism Video: Police lied. Mike Brown was killed 148 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV

oh no someone smoked pot, that's totally justification to kill someone... are you fucking kidding me?

Pot isn't cocaine, methamphetamine, or phencyclidine which may (and have a chance of!) sending you into short term psychosis. arguing that it effected his interaction with a police officer in any meaningful way is more than a bit absurd.

#18 SomeLeviathan, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  19. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

Are you intentionally twisting my words, or are you simply being an emotionally-charged imbecile?

No, it's not absurd. Regardless of your opinion on the neurological effects of marijuana, the fact is still that it would have a significant effect.

Oh, and the validity of some the "evidence" in that article is seriously questionable! In fact some of it is outright laughable.

I guess that your rationality has gone into hibernation for the winter.

20. Benway

Benway Guest

Thank you. This wasn't about so much about race as it was about a sociopath with a gun and a badge exerting the power given to him by the Fraternal Brotherhood.