1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News ISIS Executes Two Men For 'Being Gay' By Stoning Them In Deir Ezzor

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ChameleonSoul, Nov 25, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Given everything else this group sees as justification for murdering people, I am not in the least bit suprised. A headline like this was a matter of when, not if, it was inevitable that such an event would occur at some point.

4. Burnedcloset

Pure evil.....the people that done this deserve to be stoned brought back to life and then stoned again.

That seems a little harsh though.....

5. SomeLeviathan

can't say I'm surprised.

just important to remember this type of ideology isn't unique to Islam.

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any excuse for a beheading or a stoning will do, with these crazy nutjobs. Then again, the powers-that-be who instigated the wars with Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place - thus successfully turning Iraq into a basket case, and destabilizing the entire region - have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock as well. They might wear nice suits and play golf but they are just as crazy as those extremists they want to send our kids off to fight (they won't go themselves, might get their nice suits dirty). And no, I'm not just blaming the U.S, because my own country participated in this as well. Well not the ordinary citizens, just those who had the power at the time. They didn't actually care about what we the public wanted.

#6 Damien, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  7. SomeLeviathan

I think labling ISIS as crazy does a disservice and demonstrates a lack of understanding of the socioeconomic and sociopolitical forces that instigated this particular mess.

worth watching if you have the time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_ZrdHlJ2Y

8. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    'Crazy' as in 'mentally ill'. In the case of most 'leaders', a case of psychopathy. That's what I meant.

Take a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YOUTUBE]omnskeu-puE[/YOUTUBE]

A perfect example of the psychopathic mentality.

My point is, that today also, there are deeply sick individuals in positions of power on both sides of this conflict.

#8 Damien, Nov 25, 2014
  9. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't remember the last time I saw a Christian group or nation killing homosexuals.

And even outside of ISIS, the Iranian government executes homosexuals. So it is hardly limited to "crazy terrorists".

#9 MintberryCrunch, Nov 25, 2014
  10. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Regarding the video I posted above: start counting in the morning, and see if you can reach 500,000 by nightfall. Every one of those 'numbers' was a living, breathing child. Killed by the 'coalition of the willing' which I am ashamed to say, my own country was a part of. It makes me feel sick to my stomach that anyone can say with such calmness, that killing so many kids for power and profit was 'worth it'. She got the 'medal of freedom', by the way.

#10 Damien, Nov 25, 2014
  11. ChameleonSoul

I may be a bit cynical, but if a group like the Westboro Baptist Church ever started their own country or took over a current government, you can bet that homosexuality would be illegal with a decent chance of execution being involved.

Any group with strict religious ties is crazy, Christianity just keeps it hidden better!

12. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd actually expect this kind of behavior for Islam. Islam isn't really a "gay-friendly" religion. One can debate homosexuality for Christianity, but Islam is just one religion that will never see LGBT friendliness. Being that ISIS is a radical Islam group, I would expect nothing less from them.

13. SpaceJayce

I agree. My heart goes out to the two men that died.

14. Tardis2020

Unfortunately, this is nothing new. Gays are able to be executed legally all over the world. Here's a map showing it.
    [​IMG]The darkest color is where being gay results in death, the dark orange is life in prison, the orange is imprisonment, yellow is unenforced penalty, and tan is restricted freedom of expression. The rest deals with SSM.

15. SomeLeviathan

Uganda. Russia. both are majority Christian countries.

---------- Post added 25th Nov 2014 at 11:00 PM ----------

Largest U.S. Muslim Organization Supports LGBT Anti-Discrimination Bill | loonwatch.com

you can't paint the entire religion and the doctrine of moderates on the actions of a small minroity.

16. WearyWanderer

I think people who say this is a representation of the entire religion of Islam are wrong. It more has to do with how Islam has manifested itself in this part of the world. Indonesia, the fourth most populous country in the world, has the largest Muslim population, at over 200 million. Malaysia, China, and India also have no small Muslim population. Nearly all Muslims in the Western world, believe it or not, do not want to chop off your heads. Within these Muslim communities you will not see anywhere near the magnitude of problems that currently exist in this part of the world. Is religion involved in these problems? Yes, no question. But it's also a regional thing. It's how the religion has manifested itself in these places that's the problem.

Also, while this action is appalling, it really is no different from Iran or Saudi Arabia, a government which the United States supports. You can call out ISIS for a lot of things, but when many of the other regional governments are doing the same thing for the same reasons and no one speaks up, it seems a little hypocritical.

17. Amerigo

the problem isn't muslims, is fascists. it always has been, and the threat is very much alive today.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ain't this the same group that had a guy get caught having sex with a goat ?:confused:
    So a man being gay equals a stoning , but sex with a goat is totally fine .:tantrum:

I bet the man who fucked the goat was stoning him too

19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry, in the Old Testament it is written that 'one must not have sex with a male animal', so considering that they kind of agree with most of the OT rules, I think they have got that one covered already, so to speak :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    shame on them for trying to find a loop whole .