1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Don't forget - today is World Aids Day

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    December 1 is World Aids Day. How did I first learn about World Aids Day? I went out of town to a major city thinking it would be no problem to find a hotel room ... on December 1. Wrong. It was where World Aids Day was being hosted/convening that year and most of the accommodations in the center were taken ... by social workers, speakers, researchers, activists, scientists, and people from all walks of life. We had to stay way out in the suburbs. So I learned the significance of December 1.

However, the most important message that it delivers, along with some billboard campaigns I've seen in the last 5 or 10 years, is that AIDS is still here. Just because it doesn't get as much media attention (previously to the point of hysteria) doesn't mean it has gone away.

World Aids Day

Stay safe.

2. iiimee

Yay, so today I can get reminded by homophobes that most of aids come from me apparently... Yeah, not true. Still, it's nice being aware of these things.

3. DoriaN

It's hard when a nation or even a province/state does not recognize such dates.

Honestly, a lot of these festivals or days creep over my head. if we could someone make them as impactually as say remembrance day or a parent day it would be nice.