1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Mario games must be banned from store shelves. Think of the children!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Quiet Raven, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

First a group of Australian feminists managed to get GTA V banned from Target's shelves because it is apparently a woman beating simulator. I can't speak much on that since I never played a GTA game in my life... (Though it doesn't seem like one to me) But because that was successful, people started this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/target-tar...o-bros-games-from-sale/share?just_signed=true

Now they want to ban all Mario games. And why?

"For years, Nintendo's Super Mario Bros series of computer games have used a colourful and friendly design and simplistic, repetitive structure to deliver a strong message of willful murder of wildlife, consumption of hallucenogenic flora and collection of income without declaration of tax"

I would like to draw particular attention to the last one. So... Games shouldn't allow you to collect currency without having to pay tax? Do I understand that correctly? I never would thought this would ever come up as a reason to ban a game. Wow. OK then, I guess every game that has a currency system needs to be banned. Except for the few that do have taxes anyway.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

What the fuck?? Seriously?

3. SomeLeviathan

this is probably a joke.

and if it isn't, it's a petition on change.org so I don't expect it to go anywhere.

4. Quiet Raven

5. Hiems

I don't think precedence predicts success in this case. There's a huge difference between the GTA V petition and this petition. The Mario one seems like a joke. I don't think it will go anywhere haha.

6. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is ignorant as hell. It's a game for crying out loud! Mario has been around forever, targets not gonna pull it off the shelves because some soccer moms got butt hurt about you not needing to pay taxes in the game x.x
    And I don't think anyone gets offended by peach, I mean, it's the same old damsel in distress story. Mario is not the first game to use that.
    If this petition actually gets through I will give up on society x.x

7. DinelodiiGitli

Mhm ssssuuuuurrrreee.
    You should read the comment section:

"Alex Bowden AUSTRALIA

about 6 hours ago
    Liked 2

A twelve year old girl escaped her mother's clutches and stomped on one of my turtles repeatedly before propelling its corpse at its brethren in an attempt to put an end to an entire family. Upon completion of her grisly task she looked to me confusedly, asking for some kind of compensation. When no coins tumbled from their battered corpses she immediately wailed and accused me of "hax."

Target. Do not let my turtles become a statistic. No more bloodshed."

:roflmao:

8. Rainbows~Exist

Some people...

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

Some people in this World... *facepalm*

9. Hexagon

Don't you, like, kill and hurt people of all genders in GTA V?

10. WearyWanderer

I was about to say...GTA V is not a woman-beating simulator, it's a people-beating simulator.

11. Quiet Raven

Yeah. That is kinda what I gathered from what I see, lol. But from what I can tell it can be a little misogynistic at times. But I think they blew it way out of proportion. And it is not something people should be too concerned about, I think.
    I still want to give the game a shot sometime, lol. Looks fun.

#11 Quiet Raven, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  12. Benway

Benway Guest

It's equal opportunity, unlike Australia. Seriously, I have some words about the Australian government, but because there's so many Australians on the board, I'm not going to say them, because they might sic Morgan the Bushranger on me or something. Or worse yet, send me Beyond Thunderdome!

#12 Benway, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Parking helicopters over people, reuniting a bunch of stolen cars and exploding them with a rocket launcher, just when the police is near the explosion area, using one of those helicopters that carry things to throw cars at random passetbies... I didn't have much time to check if vidtims where male or female, not really :lol: (as matter of fact, they where an assembly of pixels if you think of it)

14. Eric

I'll bet $100 this petition isn't the least bit serious. It's pretty obviously a piece of satire in petition form.

15. Candace

Are you freaking kidding me? Seriously, some people need to stop trying to look for deeper (and non existent) meanings in stuff like these and just enjoy them :dry:. Damn...

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It also has subliminal messages that will make your children gay. Anyone remember "U R MR GAY"?

17. Ryujin

IT'S NOT AN ACCURATE REPRESENTSTIOM OF REALLY AND THEREFORE CONFUSING OUR CHILDREN INTO BELIEVEING IN A FALSE REALITY. MARIO CAUSES CULTURE SHOCK.

Gah. People.

18. Ryu

Ryu

So the 100 people who have signed this petiton are saying that Mario, one of the most successful, familly friendly game franchises of all time is fundamentaly wrong? They've probably played it. It's harmless. And the fact that 100 people think that Mario is awful...
    So does this include every mario game, or just Super Mario Bros? It's not specific enough anyway.
    They think that mario is bad. Earthbound has police brutality and loopy extremist factions.
    What's that from?

#18 Ryu, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  19. Hexagon

So yes. My point is, it isn't misogynistic if it kills everyone the same.

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2014 at 10:59 PM ----------

I think they'd largely agree with any words you had to say about the Australian government.

20. Quiet Raven

As of now... There is actually 251 supporters...

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2014 at 03:41 PM ----------

Just found this: Kmart follows Target's lead, rips GTA V off shelves - PlayStation 4 News | The Australian PS4 Community

GTA V is ripped from Kmart stores as well. Jeez.