1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Connor Franta on Coming Out.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jethro702, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Jethro702

[YOUTUBE]WYodBfRxKWI[/YOUTUBE]

Powerful video.... I recommend watching it.

2. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was just about to post this! Good on him. I'm proud of him. I think many gay people struggle to come out still. It's important to know that although it has gotten better, many gay kids still need support.

I hope Connor can help inspire others to come out. He's an incredible brave and honest person and we all have something to learn from him.

3. Candace

Good for him! He's awesome, brave, and kinda cute to be honest :slight_smile:

I hope he inspire a lot to do the same (!)

4. Burnedcloset

I'm really so proud of him. Once he said "I'm gay" I burst into tears.

Ok, I was going to freak out. this doesn't change anything, Atleast for his straight fans.

For his gay fans, this is not a big thing but, it is a thing.
    I never would have guessed.

I hope that other youtubers can come out also. There is a couple of them I suspect. Maybe connor will inspire them.

5. Rainbows~Exist

I nearly cried watching this. Seriously(They were tears of happiness). I love Connor and his videos and for him to do this makes me love him even more. Thanks for sharing this.

6. confuseduser99

Literally story of my life. He's 22, I'm 21. He came out this year, and so did I! I can so relate to his story! The feels were strong with this one!

7. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I knew it! I totally called it the first time I ever saw one of his videos. Good for him! He's a popular Youtuber so he'll be a great inspiration for gay and lesbian teens that watch his videos. I think that gay celebrities have a responsibility to live openly because they're such influential people, and society looks up to a lot of them. Now the question is, when is Joey Graceffa gonna follow suit?

8. confuseduser99

Same here!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Burnedcloset

Lol yaasssss! When is joey just gonna do it already.

Btw I wonder if connor will help the LGBT community now, kind of like tyler oakley.

10. I watch him every once and a while, so when I saw that I was really proud of him and happy for him. unfortunaly I found out during journalism class when a friend got a notification that he posted a video, and she saw the title and was like "HE'S GAY... WHAT?!" and started crying about how she could never marry him not and how she was sinning for watching his videos and that she was unsubscribing for that... (I go to a christian school though, so people are like that ... which stinks) but it makes me super mad because he's the same as he was, just a person but she made a big deal about it. ughh people. whatever I'm proud of him and his video was really touching and inspiring :slight_smile:

11. Justinian20

Well, I have to admit that this guy is very cute, and it's good for the Gay community for someone like him to come out and become a role model for us gay guys.

12. person57

I just saw this video earlier today. I'm so proud of him for coming out. I love him :slight_smile:

13. TheRainbowNinja

When he said that it would be okay, I started crying and I saw him starting to cry and I cried more and hugged my laptop. i am so proud of him and I am happy that he is accepting himself, andI don't know what I would do without him. He inspires me to do better, and I can't thank him enough :')

14. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Connor coming out: I'm gay. *Launches really emotional and accurate retelling of what it felt like to come out*

Me coming out: Um... Can I tell you something important and trust you to not tell anybody? (Friend: Yeah, what?) I mean, um, I kinda knew this for a while now but... (Friend: ...) I'm gay. *Hides in bathroom for 20 minutes*

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely love Connor. I'm so glad to hear that he's able to 100% be himself. :slight_smile:

16. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Woah. I would have never guessed! Well, I'm glad to see he came out! It was really brave of him. ^_^

17. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Didn't everyone??? Now I know that's bad to admit that we "shouldn't stereotype people".

I've been thinking about making a thread about this but decided not to. Is it really wrong to assume something about someone due to stereotypes? Especially when they are typically true. Let's be real, scientists have shown that people are able to guess your sexual orientation based on your voice. Is it really wrong to assume someone's LGBT based off of the tone of their voice when that's the case 9 out of 10 times?

Here me out: I still think it's wrong to stereotype a group as a whole. Think about it this way. Al Queda is a muslim extremists group. If someone is part of Al Queda, is it wrong to assume they are muslim? Not really. But is it offensive to assume that all muslims are members of Al Queda or are terrorists? Yes

As soon as I saw the title of Connor's video, I thought the exact same thing.

18. Chriswe

I actually never suspected him being gay. I guess my hate for stereotypes is the reason. But I'm so happy for him! Maybe this will start a new wave of YouTubers leaving the closet? I hope so.

19. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I would have and never had though he was gay, I was a fan of his and am more so now and I loved his coming out video and how he tied about it not be all he is. And how he was gay but that, that was only a part of who he was which put a smile on my face because I say that ALL the time :slight_smile: I couldn't be happier about this I mean I never thought he was, he didn't fit the stereotypes but watching the video and I was sort of picking up on some things and I guess maybe now that i knew i could see it but still didn't seem like it but hey here's a guy who doesn't fit the gay stereotypes which is great and despite it all I stil love him he is freaking amazing and wow is this long haha I wasn't planning that this post be so long but whatever :lol:

20. Aldrick

Isn't Joey already completely out? I was not even aware that he was in the closet, I just assumed everyone already knew?

As for Connor--good for him! I had never heard of him until this video, but he looks like a good kid.