1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeffree Star on Equality/Marriage. [Blog]

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brighteyes52, Oct 15, 2008.

1. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

Jeffree Star recently posted a Blog on Gay Marriage, No on Prop 8, and Equality. I know not everyone agrees with his actions, words, or whatever else but this is something you should take the time to read! He is very vocal about who he is and the fact that he is a gay figure, and he is using his standing to reach out to thousands of people and to voice his concern. This is something that affects most, if not all of us here on this site and he puts everything into words so well that I had to share it with you all.

Here is just the opening paragraphs of the blog, if you want to read the rest I am posting the link to his blog as it is a fairly long read.

Today is National Coming Out Day so I have a little secret for you:

I'M A F**KING FAGGOT!

And I'm proud of it. I barely ever talk politics but I'm putting down my Louis Vuitton for a moment to be real with you.

There are ballot initiatives all across the country trying to deny equal rights to gays and lesbians. Not special rights - equal rights. No one is asking for an "I suck c**k" tax break. All gay marriage initiatives do is provide the same rights and protections to gay couples as straight couples. Denying anyone rights, such as being able to visit your loved one in the hospital, is inhumane. If these laws were to ban mixed-race couples or inter-faith marriage or any of the other differences that make people unique, would it have such strong support?

There is strong support to give gays equal rights and its coming from people of all sexualities. Everyone should come together for tolerance. Newly married hot hetero Pete Wentz and all of Fall Out Boy donated money to the No on Prop 8 fight in California. The sexiest straight man on the planet - Brad Pitt - gave money. They know its not about protecting rights for their marriages but extending the rights they already enjoy to the deserving and loving gay couples that don't have the same protection. Pete Wentz could be sitting at home with his pregnant wife and not care about the rights of gays. He's not gay so it doesn't affect him. Brad Pitt could be chasing after his 16 children and not bothering to fight for someone else's happiness. But they, and many others both famous and not, are fighting for the rights of gays even though they, as married straight people, already have the rights gays are fighting to receive.

A lot of the support is based around faith. Well, like it or not, we're not a Christian nation. If we allow one religion's view to legislate the rights of all our citizens, where does it stop? If gays can't get married because "God made Adam and Eve", then why doesn't the government revoke citizenship status for anyone not Christian? If we're going to legislate Christianity, lets burn the Natural History Museum down for having skeletons of dinosaurs. Hell, burning is fun, lets go back to burning witches since the Bible says you can't suffer a witch to live. Maybe Congress can set up some stakes and we can burn all the Wiccans. That's equality!

Read the rest here!:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=71676&blogid=440254229&page=1

#1 brighteyes52, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
  2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That was great, thanks for sharing it!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for posting it. We need more people who voice their concerns!

4. Noah

lol love it

5. daltondoesit

Out Status:
    A few people
    wow! i love him..

6. Amy

Amy

i told behling about it
    i re-posted it in a facebook note.

best comment ever

7. rosiejuly3

I love the blog and I love him :slight_smile:

8. I read this and also blogged about it :slight_smile:

I'm so glad he was serious about a topic like this :slight_smile:

<3Jeffree

9. BeautifulStranger

It's nice to see Jeffree making a scene for a good reason for once...

He his one hot mess, let me tell you