1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News The Sony Hack

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Dec 14, 2014.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been interesting to see what has been released from the hackers so far. They say that have more too, so that will be interesting as well. This has already caused a PR nightmare for Sony (mostly because of the private emails that were released).

More here

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Am I sorry the organization got compromised? No. Am I sorry the employees also got compromised? Definitely. Just because you work for a shitty organization doesn't mean you're evil, and it doesn't mean you deserve whatever happens to you.

From the perspective of the organization, though, I'm rather pleased the compromise occurred. Sony was at that time an official malware developer. They compromised people's operating systems on purpose.

In my opinion, this is a breach of professional ethics on the part of the programmers. They should have said "no."

Sony ended up getting more or less completely owned in civil court, but I think criminal charges should also have applied.

3. antibinary

Just as long as the employees don't get harmed, I'm glad we're getting this information. The more we know about these the better. The more we know about problems the more we can solve them.

4. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So now apparently premieres of "The Interview" are being cancelled because the Sony hackers just threatened "9/11 like violence" on movie theaters and moviegoers.

The terrorists are winning, as usual.

5. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, apparently it's all pointing to North Korea. I don't think they should've cancelled it, as that shows the hackers that they have power. Plus, the NYPD had measures put in place should somebody try something at the theater. I think they need to show it everywhere, just to spite the terrorists.

6. AlamoCity

While the hack of information was one thing, threatening moviegoers with references to 9/11 is pure economic terrorism.

7. photoguy93

I feel bad for the personal information that was leaked. I thought I read at some point that employee information was stolen? I feel bad, also, for the hacked emails and those who sent them. While I do not agree with the subject matter of the particularly disgusting emails, it could happen to any one of us. That's what makes me feel bad. There are definitely things I don't want the world seeing - I think we can all relate to that.

8. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  9. DMark69

I really don't believe Sony should have caved here. We shout hunt down the terrorist criminals responsible for bullying sony here. In fact I would send the criminals to Gitmo, and televise them being waterboarded 10 hours daily. We need to send a message to the criminals that this will not be tolerated, or they will start shutting down anything the feel like, and we will all have to live in fear.

It does look like a stupid movie that I would not have watched anyway, but that is not the point. We should not be caving to the criminal element we should be incarcerating them, even if the responsible party here happened to be Kim Jong Ill himself.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If North Korea is responsible as a state actor, that's one thing. If it's just private hackers who got mad about the Sony DRM rootkit, I would argue the exact opposite.

Sony is an extremely annoying company that has behaved with criminality itself, and it was not even close to duly punished for it in civil court.

11. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's hard to believe that NK can be that bothered about a film where two slimy TV types go to their country and find that Kim Jong Un likes to joyride in tanks while blasting out Katy Perry songs. I know there's the whole assassination sub plot, but it's basically the Hot Shots of spy thrillers and I doubt anyone but the DPRK would take it remotely seriously.

If anything I'd expect them to kick up more of a fuss about films and documentaries that show the kinds of things they don't want the rest of the world to see. Yet this is the hill they choose to die on.

They look like idiots and they don't even realise it.

EDIT: One theatre in Texas is showing Team America instead - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/texas-theater-show-team-america-759037

#11 GeeLee, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, apparently, the two lead actors of The Interview have actually been sentenced to death in Nonexistent Korea.

It would be nice if they could undeath sentence their population. :3

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So they pulled the movie :0

14. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's worse, part of the leak unveils plans that the MPAA have to reinstate SOPA, through sneakier means. It's another war for the internet, all over again. >_>

15. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People seem to forget that most theatres cancelled the playing of The Interview before Sony cancelled it.