1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News U.S. Marine Charged With Murder In Death Of Transgender Woman In The Philippines

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by EDMJunkie, Dec 16, 2014.

1. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Gen

Gen

These used to be the times when I would swoop in with a comment along the lines of "a charge alone is not a victory. It doesn't mean that justice will be served"; however, these days I've come to respect even the opportunity when it comes to crimes against members of minority groups.

3. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mainly posted this story since no one else had, and the fact that a transgender woman was murdered, and U.S. Military personnel were being held under the suspicion of committing the act was appalling to me. I just wanted to share this story of a senseless atrocity committed against a minority that is persecuted all over the world. But I understand what you're saying.

4. Gen

Gen

Oh, no. I hadn't heard any updates on her story, so I am grateful that you posted it.

I am familiar with this case and I remember there being a period when many felt that it wasn't going to get the attention that it should by the justice system. I was just pointing out that this was something that I would have seen as a small step in the past, but given the types of ways cases have been handled concerning trans women and people of color recently, I recognize that this is significant by itself. Now, hopefully, we can get a noble verdict.

5. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Indeed, it is. I'll try and get any updates if I can, or if any become available.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will reserve judgment until more evidence is available, at which point I will then have vicious things to say, undoubtedly.