1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News an open letter to Michelle Dugger

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by VioletSpark, Dec 18, 2014.

1. VioletSpark

2. iiimee

I like this woman's honesty. I don't know this "Michelle" lady, but her fan seems like somebody I like. I feel as if we have to be patient toward homophobic people, because they will always be around, just like sexism or racism. The LGBT community is just STARTING to find a place for itself in society. We need to march forward and find happiness for ourselves, whether people want us too or not.

3. Candace

I never ever liked 19 Kids and Counting. However, that's their decision and it makes them happy, so why should I complain. The writer of this letter was completely honest and hit a nail on the head. She said basically what I think everyone was thinking. Every one of us here.

As for MicHELLe Dugger, I wouldn't celebrate anything if she said "hey, I'm going to stop at 19 and not have a 20th kid". That's just rude and that's her business. I find it utterly shameful and disgusting that she, as a human being, can just sit there and act as if she's God's chosen one. Listen honey, God will probably smite you because you decided to fall asleep during the pastor's semon in which he/she says "love one another" and that "all sins are equal in God's eyes". Learn to love one another. You have enough love to bring nineteen children into this world...NINETEEN..so obviously you could have the willingness to love people who happen to love the same gender.

I don't think that it's right for you to have nineteen children, due to concerns that many people have previously over and over again. But guess what? That's none of my business nor would I be happy if laws were taken away for you to not have those many kids. Why are you happy that my rights are taken away :frowning2:? That's not fair. I don't God would want that. :frowning2: You disgust me, lady.

#3 Candace, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  4. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I figured it was only a matter of time before people realized the Duggars are bigots. Looks like I was right for once.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She's entitled to her beliefs, and I'm entitled to flip the channel. I just pray for one of those kids, which just by sure odds, is likely to be LGBT and repressing themselves.

6. ChameleonSoul

I'd love to see the look on Michelle Dugger's face when one of her precious little children (if not multiple children) ends up coming out. Part of me wonders whether this will actually lead her to being less bigoted or just end up with her casting them aside. Unfortunately it's much more likely to be the latter.

7. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    What breaks my heart about the Duggars is that chances are, at least ONE of their children is going to be somewhere on the spectrum. That house isn't an LGBT friendly environment, and the kids aren't in public school-there's no chance of getting the support they need. There's one cousin that seems like she might be okay (Anna? Amber? Something like that).

I honestly believe that they think they're doing what they believe is right, which is just sad because it's so blatantly incorrect.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't wait to see what TLC does when their gay audience boycotts this awful TV show.

9. Hatsune Miku

i'm completely disgusted at MD

like jesus christ lady at least be honest about why you want anti-discrimation laws repealed instead of coming up with an obviously bs excuse about you being concerned about sexual predators

it's Amy

10. wolf of fire

Okay I'm a little confused here, didn't the letter say "victory repelling anti-LGBT legislation" doesn't that mean getting rid of anti-LGBT legislation or am I missing something?

11. DoriaN

Saved that letter, might need it later.

12. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone has the 'right' to have 19 children, I mean Nature has determined that it's possible...but getting kids to look after each other, robs them of some of their childhood, I think...parents / caregivers ought to look after their kids, and not place too many burdens on older children who also deserve to actually have their childhood, too.

13. soulcatcher

Unlike Carissa, I wouldn't have any patience for such an incompetent, primitive result of condom failure who evidently abandoned all her mental faculties when she allowed god to decide on the number of children she will have.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2014 at 10:34 PM ----------

She helped in getting rid of anti-discrimination laws, thus making it easier for people to discriminate against LGBT.