1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News "My Husband Is Not Gay" new TLC show

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by NotSureWhatIam, Dec 20, 2014.

1. NotSureWhatIam

2. Candace

Sigh...hopefully there's a spinoff titled "My Husband is Still Gay and I was a Moron!"

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I.... Uh.... Wah... Whatever.... e3e I don't even, even...

4. TossAWatermelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's terrible! I feel sorry for both people who can't have enjoyment in sex like a married couple should. (And sorry to people who literally can't. But that should make it extra sad that these people aren't) Remember in the Bible that Adam and Eve loved being with each other and having kids. Now that's the ideal of marriage, not doing this horrible husband-faking thing (if BOTH people were gay* and this was in an earlier time I would prob accept this, but that poor lady has to have a husband "with a problem" and today there's a lot of accepting people)

* yes I know one lady balked when referring to him as gay, but IMO it's worse to demean someone with calling them "same sex attracted". Should their parents be called OSA then?

5. Aldrick

Ugh. I hope they cancel this show. Why are they giving these ex-gay idiots air time? Why is TLC helping revive this bullshit, just when it is finally starting to be on its way out here in the United States?

6. TossAWatermelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is both sides of the story I suppose. But it's also in our power to disagree with that side.

7. Andronas

I think the publicity will help us. The only way we can have a backtracking in rights and perceptions is to stifle discussion. This is going to be great lol.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honey Boo Boo says hi.

9. NotSureWhatIam

Its promoting the thought that homosexuality is wrong and can be changed. Not all publicity is good publicity.

10. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    An entire show about women in denial that their husbands are gay. I would very literally rather have dental surgery than sit through that.

11. Andronas

Is it? From the ad, it seemed they were poking fun at people who think that sexuality is something that can or should be changed.

12. NotSureWhatIam

Quite the opposite

13. Aldrick

There is literally no good that can come from this. The bigots, as they have always done, will hold these men up as "proof" that gay people "choose" to be gay. Meanwhile, these men will fill millions of American televisions with false anti-gay propaganda that we will be forced to divert resources to fight.

I am also not sure why poking fun at them makes it any better. These men have been brainwashed by a religious cult to view themselves as intrinsically disordered individuals with a deviant sexuality. They are then taught that they must hate themselves and seek to be something that they are not--wasting their lives in the pursuit of living a lie. They are the victims of abuse, and they are being pushed out in front of cameras so that a largely straight audience can do exactly what you outlined: laugh at them.

These men need professional psychological help. They do not need an audience.

EDIT: Oh, and before anyone gets all defensive about my saying they have been brainwashed by a religious cult into viewing themselves as intrinsically disordered individuals with a deviant sexuality--it is right there in the promo video. The pastor is literally sitting there and telling them, and I quote: "The whole act is against the teachings of the gospel." He is sitting there preaching hate, and teaching these men to hate themselves. This is psychological and emotional abuse, because these men believe what he is saying is true.

#13 Aldrick, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it gets cancelled as fast as Work It.

15. AKTodd

Hmph. I remember the days when TLC and Discovery Channel devoted their air time to shows about science and technology and culture. Then they apparently determined they could make more money off the sensationalist crap that is most 'reality' television and promptly flushed their programming quality down the tubes. Bleh.

Todd

16. Adam1969

Thats funny!! I was thinking... "The poor man who married me is still gay but we forced him back into an even bigger closet right here on public TV"!

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2014 at 09:35 PM ----------

...and there was a day you could actually learn a lot about history form The History Channel... and Music Television used to play music!? It is truly the end times! :eusa_doh:

Beautiful dogs by the way!!

17. Andronas

Ah the good old days. Like, before Ancient Aliens and crap like that. The fact that the History channel puts its name behind it and my friends use the nonexistent authority of the name as evidence supporting stuff like that.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm guess some of the men are gay and some are bi well this isn't new too me
    women have been doing stuff like this for years;
    Next .:rolle:
    or also so called "Straight women "

Anyone bet religious people are gonna use this to say being gay is a choice .

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

That's gonna be 2nd season
    Anyway this show will just prove how people who are really gay get into straight relationships to fit in society .

#18 stocking, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  19. RainDreamer

I usually hear that from people who are in deep denial.

20. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just another reason for me to hate TLC.