1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polls show No on 8 losing :(

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Oct 20, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    http://cbs5.com/video/[email protected]

If you guys live in California you have to make sure you vote! If you have any money at all donate it to No on Prop 8. Give up your Starbucks for a week and donate the money. Walk to school or work an put your gas money toward No on Prop 8. This is really important. Lets come up with other ways we can come up with money to support No on 8! I've already given some but I'm going to give a little more.

2. I really really want Proposition 8 to lose. But on the other hand it shows the will of the people. They really don't want it there it seems =\. I hope it'll be like a last minute come from behind victory and it'll be shot down.

3. Miles D

BOO!

I made this earlier because I was bored, and put it on my facebook & myspace
    :slight_smile:

Attached Files:

4. krazykyle

krazykyle Guest

i'm honestly annoyed of christians so much at this point it's making me angry.

5. Bunny

Some of us are sane. D:

6. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OMFG, this makes me sick:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcVI0-xESCQ[/YOUTUBE]

7. Nodnarb

It's disappointing, but we can't give up. And I don't always trust polls anyway.

8. EM68

I am shocked that none of the ads show same sex couples. They need to show that we are people too. They need to humanize their campaign.

9. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

If Prop. 8 passes... I don't know what I'll do. The thought of it makes me sick.

10. Ciel

Ciel Guest

I wish I could vote on this so badly but I'm not quite old enough. x_x
    I've started to see a few commercials for "Yes on Prop 8" and they're horrible >.<

11. N3p7uN3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, this is no surprise, as it further exemplifies how insane religion is. People who actually believe this crap are gullible as hell.

12. Derek the Wolf

If proposition 8 gets a yes, then I'll have lost all faith in democracy.
    Seriously...

13. MattyPatty

Urg, I just wanna puke. Like... I find that extremely disturbing.

14. Tim

Tim

Why? Most of them are voting yes because of the lies that churches will lose their tax exemption in the yes on 8 commercials. My mom is one of them. However, as she was never naturalized, she cannot vote, she's still legally allowed here though :wink:

I am voting however, as is my sister (who I'm hoping would vote to let her brother get married in the future...)

15. Loveless

Loveless Guest

I wouldn't surprised if prop 8 does get passed. :frowning2:

16. Nugget

Pfft. Like they'll do that. To them, we probably look like Ryuk (from Death Note) on the outside, but a crying child on the inside.

OH, LORD, RESTRAIN MY SUFFERING… over… something. Everyone is saying that God's saying that I'm suffering on the inside, so THEY MUST BE RIGHT!

17. Level N Human

Oh, why all the religion-bashing? I'm not religious myself, but I don't think we should make a pariah out of the institution because some of them are nuttercase; we'd be doing the same thing as they do when they cast generalizations of BDSM-love and leather chaps about the gay community.

That being said, I am really disappointed that some religious people purposefully exploit their God to pander to the oppression of a group of individuals they can't come to a compromise with. I hope they fast and "pray for us" until every queer person magically becomes heterosexual. Good luck starving.. idiots.

18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Guest

It is pathetic, morally reprehensible, and downright scandalous that people are showing up in such massive forces in order to halt a further step toward social equality. What a contemptible thought, people of the 21st century going out of their way (infused with Abrahamic zeal, no doubt) to vote against recognizing a minority of their fellow countrymen and -women as equal citizens.

Buena suerte to those advocating the proposition's failure.

19. Nugget

I'll assume you're replying to me.

I wasn't bashing the whole religion; I was further explaining about how these guys, the ones in this video, the ones attending this gathering on the 1st, have no idea about the LGBT community. I wasn't generalizing anything; I was talking about how these people believe they're really saving us when they don't realize that I'm not suffering over it.

I know there are a good number of Christians out there who wholly disagree with this event. I AM talking about the nuttercases—the ones who think praying will magically change me overnight.

20. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Because it's absolutely revolting the things that they're doing. No official institution has ever promoted the suppression of human rights and dignity quite like Christianity has in particular. A sane, secular society would never let Prop 8 pass. Shit, if there were no Jeebus myths floating around, we wouldn't have a Prop 8 at all because there would be no "protection of marriage". It would be legal and available for everyone. Do I hate religion? No, I think it would be grand if everyone kept it to themselves and didn't allow their religion to influence their politics, but that simply isn't possible. The ones who are tearing my civil rights apart piece by piece, day in and day out, because they hear a voice in their head telling them to are ruining it for the rest of them.