1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News ISIS putting some limits on it's insanity

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Dec 31, 2014.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    BBC News - Islamic State: Yazidi women tell of sex-slavery trauma

Apparently they have a pamphlet now on what the male soldiers should do regarding the taking of female slaves. Some examples from the pamphlet are:

Christians, Jews and Yazidi women can all be taken as slaves, it says. Women can be bought, sold, and given as gifts; they can be disposed of as property if a fighter dies.

The pamphlet's Q&A format includes the following:

Question: Is it allowed to have intercourse with a female captive immediately after taking possession of her? Answer: If she is a virgin, her master can have intercourse with her immediately after taking possession. But if she is not, you must make sure she is not pregnant.

Question: Is it allowed to have intercourse with a female slave who has not reached puberty? Answer: You may have intercourse with a female slave who hasn't reached puberty if she is fit for intercourse. However, if she is not fit for intercourse, it is enough to enjoy her without.

Allegedly some of the comments of some fighters waiting to buy slaves in the slave market were:

Today is the slave market, God willing."

"Each one takes his share."

"Where's my Yazidi girl?"

"You can sell your slave, or give her as a gift... You can do whatever you want with your share."

"Whoever wants to sell, I can buy, my brothers."

"I will pay three banknotes."

"I will buy her for a pistol."

"It costs more for one with blue eyes."

"Check her teeth."

"Can one take two slave girls? Does that work?"

"Abu Fahd, your Yazidi is dead!" (Someone giggles)

The ironic thing is if you take an extreme view of the Torah or the Bible, you'll find many of the same things in there. And yet many religious leaders say homosexuality is a sin for no other reason than there is some reference to it in their particular religious text, yet ignore the other stuff that is just as ridiculous.

2. RainDreamer

Can't we like....nuke them from orbit? Ugh. I often do not choose violent method, but sometimes there are people that deserved nothing less than being wiped from the face of the earth.

3. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I agree, Isis really just needs to be exterminated. It's really starting to annoy me how many American citizens Isis has decapitated and yet we still are only bombing them.:bang:

4. Aldrick

Yes, and the sad part is that they are just engaging in a literal reading of the texts. I can only hope that the ISIS literal reading of the texts sparks a backlash in the Muslim world against literalism and fundamentalism. If there is one good thing that may emerge from all of this it is the potential backlash.

However, I am not sure how much Muslims in oppressive countries know, or even how well informed they are about it.

...and of course, still, even today no one is talking about holding the Saudi Government responsible for any of this.

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    According to someone I know over there, the ironic thing about the Saudi government is that when ISIS was at the height of their territorial control of Syria and Iraq, they decided to change to ISIL and the leader was talking about spreading his control to other countries, including Saudi Arabia. Now the Saudi government is cutting ties to them, the mosques are speaking out against them, the security services are taking action against certain ISIL sympathizers, only because they don't want their own people turning against the status quo there.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2015 at 09:36 PM ----------

Although bombing has eliminated ISIL it has prevented them from further expansion. In coordination with Kurdish ground forces it has reduced their power. I am aware of some women who would be prisoners or dead right now if it wasn't for air power. It's hard to defend yourself with an AK when you're facing mortars, artillery, large caliber machine guns, or tanks. And there are other things being done besides bombing, they just don't get news attention, but I understand the frustration. The thing is though, ISIS wants American ground troops because they want to cause American causalities and they want to tell the Islamic world it's a fight between them and the western world. It plays better in the propaganda war than Muslims killing Muslims.

6. Aldrick

Yeah, it is hilarious in a sort of sad and ironic way. I am emotionally caught between wanting ISIS to dismantle the Saudi regime, simply because they are the ones responsible for so much of the bad shit that happens to the people in the Middle East. Yet, at the same time, I would not want to see that happen because I know what would happen to the Saudi people, and I do not wish that on them.

What I hope for in the Middle East, with every fiber of my being, is for a spreading of secular values. I want the people of the Middle East to begin seeing religion the way that we see it in the West--as something that NEEDS to be separate from the state. Then I want them to unite and overthrow every regime there, and begin building secular governments that embrace the concept of human rights and democratic values.

Sadly, I doubt I will ever live to see that day.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2015 at 09:39 PM ----------

Exactly. This is what people fail to understand. ISIS wants to be seen as fighting against the United States and the West. They know this would drive up their recruitment numbers.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

"Check her teeth"

The hell? They dentists now?

9. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm of the opinion that simply blowing them up would be far too merciful.

10. SomeLeviathan

yes what a great idea. advocating unthinkable warcrimes pre-emptively, breaking nuclear defensively only treaties, slaughtering innocent people in the wake, and rendering a large part of the Middle East uninhabitable for a long time.

what could possibly go wrong?

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    "Beyond Good and Evil", Aphorism 146 (1886).

#10 SomeLeviathan, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  11. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The guy who made that statement probably had the slaves confused with horses.

I'm still confused about what it means to rape a girl before puberty if she is fit for intercourse ?

#11 sldanlm, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  12. RainDreamer

Yes, because I literally mean we should also break the outer space treaty and start another arm race to space with WMD in orbit, along with breaking the already fragile equilibrium between superpowers, pushing the world to WWIII...

Really, my point is, sometimes it feels like drastic measure must be taken when we are faced with extreme abhorrence toward absolute evil acts. The "nuke it from orbit" idiom (I think it should be one now) means something is so horrible that you want to eradicate it, but at the furthest distance possible because you can't stand being in any proximity with it. It conveniently condenses my idea of : "What they are doing is extremely horrible and disgusting", and "I want those acts to be eradicated, for good" with a lot of emotion behind it.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the taliban says these guys are nuts... then... well yea.

14. White Knight

Not confused. It was a common practise to check slaves teeth/women and animal in early ages... at least around this part of the world. That sentence targeted to mock and compare women to animals they can own.

Other one probably meant for intercourse which won't kill female... at what age a girl can take an adult man penis without causing so severe wounds/bleeding? Pain probably doesn't count as an obstacle... depending on what I heard/experienced in this part of world pain thought as arousing side effect which makes men feel more powerful/in control.

No matter which perspective you look at into this thing: it is sick, disgusting and reason why I hate men... if I don't remind myself there are good examples still around.

15. Images and Words

Yeah, as am I

16. SomeLeviathan

okay how do you advocate that the Western world complete obliterates ISIS? you know, practically.
    this is sickening.

17. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For once I agree with you. :lol:

18. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Disgusting.

19. RainDreamer

We start a siege.
    We rescue people. Absorb the refugee. Take away the people that ISIS would prey. They thrive on the ideology of a holy war, and use it to justify their pillage and slavery as prizes for their warriors. Now we deny that. We don't take a war to them. We isolate them, forming defensive lines. We deny them the people, the resource they want to take and starve them. If we attack them, they can easily turn that into a narrative of the underdog fighting against odds. If we defend and protect the people they try to harm, they would look just like idiots trying to throw rocks at a tank. We support the people fighting back, just as we do now. We provide them intelligence with our technology, we supply them with resource for a longer fight.

Once they have nothing left to loot and pillage and faced with an impassable wall around them, they will die from inside.

20. SomeLeviathan

how is what you are advocating not war?
    And you don't think that 1. the intentional starvation of civilians is a warcrime or 2. this totally won't feed into ISIS persecution complex and swell their ranks as the populous goes without food?
    And starving them doesn't cause this... how?
    Yeah it isn't like ISIS has RPGs and antiarmor weapons at all.
    oh hey look we actually agree on something, insofar as I think you're speaking about arming the Kurds.

this is possibly a worse solution than "nuke em' back to the stoneage."