1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News TRANSmilitary

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GenesisRutherfo, Jan 8, 2015.

1. GenesisRutherfo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Anyone here who had any idea/opinion about TRANS eligibility to serve in the military?
    i know this is one of the big issue going on in the U.S.

the situation of LGBT in my country(Philippines) is not as open like any other country with regards to LGBT issues. We have no laws that could protect our rights nor laws that support/recognize same sex marriage, even Transgender rights. However, some of the few municipalities show great concerns with us that made some ordinances of anti-discrimination and violence.
    Thanks to some LGBT group visibility here that's always on the move to push the law in the congress and always working hard to educate people.

above all i mentioned, still, LGBT here struggle to get its full rights and recognition from the government.

I am a licensed healthcare worker from the field of medical radiation technology. And yes, getting a permanent work here as a healthcare worker is a struggle especially with the fresh grad and newly board passer like me with no experience. Most of us were looking for opportunity to work abroad just by getting enough experience here. But for someone like me in the LGBT community is more than that... aside from better opportunity is also, to achieved and lived in FREEDOM. a kind of freedom which i cannot get fully in my homeland.

I have an interest to work in the military and to practice my profession either as a civilian employee or a military personnel, so that there's no need for me to leave my country, IF ONLY, Transgender rights were recognized.

I have a great desire to make a career as well to help my family get a better life, but, i also have plans to undergo TRANSITION... which i believe, will one day coincides with my eligibility if ever i succeed to become an active military personnel.
    I wonder if any in the office were informed or had any knowledge that Transgender EXISTS. As far as i know, we do not have yet a law in the military with regards to Trans eligibility
    (not part of the process) And since my country was greatly influenced by the U.S.A(in a lot of things) though Lesbian and Gays were allowed to serve since 2009, im afraid that my country is still too (immature/insensitive) *sorry for the word* with regards to TRANSGENDER matters.

Its unfortunate for us that we still not there yet, and i admit my country will have to go through a lot of things before they can fully understand LGBT matters.

my only concern is that, if ever an incident of Trans issues arise in the military here in my country happen.

i am hoping for some advice/opinion/ideas or some enlightenment so that i will know what to do. All response will greatly appreciated.:slight_smile:

2. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

We are in a good place within the UK Military for trans personnel.

This should be moved into a different section. It's not a news item :wink:

3. GenesisRutherfo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    how i wish my country were like that too. anyways, i think this is not the right place to post my concerns, apologies. IDK how to remove/or moved this one :/

4. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    New Zealand military is very trans* inclusive....there is a dedicated support and advocacy group for LGBT staff and there are some very visible trans* role models. Next month our biggest city will have its pride march. Not only will LGBT members of the military march in uniform, but some straight 'top brass' will march alongside them to show visible support.

#4 Gaysibling, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015