1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russia:transsexual & transgender people will no longer qualify for driving licenses

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Jan 8, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just when you thought Russia couldn't get any worse...well, actually, I do think it could get worse, but this is sheer madness:

from BBC News

What's more is that the law says these are 'sex disorders'.

2. Images and Words

Re: Russia:transsexual & transgender people will no longer qualify for driving licens

I want to kill Russia.
    Nuke them.
    They are too far gone.
    Love, Dan

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Re: Russia:transsexual & transgender people will no longer qualify for driving licens

Horrible and ridiculous. I hate America for many reasons but I'd never want to kill every American, because not everyone is horrible.

Just because the majority of Russians and especially the Russian government is homophobic and transphobic does not mean EVERYONE is.

That said, expected from Russia. What's next, sex segregated restaurants? Forced straight marriages for everyone over 30?
    The former Soviet countries should be glad they have gotten away from that madhouse.

4. Images and Words

Sorry, that was brash of me. It fucked me off, so I got annoyed.
    I agree with your post with your post, though, what is the next step?
    (*hug*) friend? (sorry for overreacting)

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

This just makes me glad that I live here and not in Russia. It's a beautiful nation, but they have some messed up politics.

6. DelvSeigible

Hmmm... Looks like Russia is isolating themselves again. If it was cold before then I am certainly feeling no cooperation of Russia now. I once played a game of chess online with a Russian person whom I believe is a man due to his cockiness, we were at the same ratings of an approximately low 1300. Half way through he lost his queen, yet he gain a better positioning later on in the match. He ask me to surrender, but I refuse his shall we say generosity. The end result was I had a queen behind his back row, so he lost.
    Russia's position/popularity in the world is going through a negative slope. Although they gain some freedom alter their economy, their ruthless action isolate them from other progressive countries that have capitalistic views. Russia is going through a stage of puberty where it is trying to re-establish its image as one of the world leaders; when ever I stare at Russia I pity it as a potential world leader that is trying to take steps to being recognize as an progressive nation when some years back it was still very much a different country.
    Russia can longer act like fledging who flail for attention because the world's nation will not capitulate to all of Russia's demands. Having pipe dream is nice however the world does not desire another Napoleon social reform or Nazi Germany's fanatical discrimination. There are slower and less costly ways to gain a foothold on the world stage and a foothold in your people's heart.

O the frigid year round winter.
    -E

#6 DelvSeigible, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

You just wonder how far this kind of thing is going to go and if the world would even respond to it with anything more than just "stop or we will be forced to ask you to stop again".

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This just makes you wonder how much longer until the Russian Federation recriminalizes homosexuality.

9. Gallatin

I'm glad I visited there before they started going down this sad path. As Brad said, it is a beautiful country, and I consider myself lucky to have seen some of the magnificent history Russia has, but I wouldn't want to visit now.

10. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yup. Scary stuff.

11. arkangel

If there was a machine that could facepalm for me repeatedly, I would use it...

12. BelleFromHell

Sadly, no law from Putinland will ever surprise me. I expect the worst from them.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

As if getting one of these things weren't already difficult for trans people there. What is Putin thinking?

14. NDark

I love you Russia, but really? I've always wanted to visit there and have fun, but I fear that if this continues, I soon won't be able to without getting beaten to death or something.

15. iiimee

You took the words right out of my mouth.

16. DelvSeigible

Hm there goes my vacation to the large ski park.

17. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

F***ing Russia... seriously now they're just being dickheads.

18. WearyWanderer

Russia is a truly great country...I just wish Putin was out of power. He's driven his country to crisis just because of his overbloated ego and pride...And then there's stupid stuff like this. I really hope Russia changes up its politics soon.

19. CyberStar

Can we please just go over there and overthrow the government and help them build a new one? Where they actually put smart people who aren't corrupt in charge? Oh wait, sorry: they don't make politicians like that anymore. Nobody does. Or at least if they do, I haven't met one yet...

#19 CyberStar, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  20. Composerbpc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I would love to go to Russia and I love the language too but I;m afraid of how far the homophobia will go, it seems it's just been getting progressively worse over time. Probably not nearly as bad as most of Africa but. (and NO I'M NOT RACIST, I'm just stating the truth, most of Africa is extremely homophobic)