1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Panti Bliss gives brilliant follow-up speech about homophobia, gets standing ovation

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by CuriousLiaison, Jan 9, 2015.

1. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Panti Bliss, the Irish drag queen, gave a brilliant speech at TEDx in Dublin, called All The Little Things, which is now online. It articulates really well a lot that many people here will have felt.

[YOUTUBE]hIhsv18lrqY[/YOUTUBE]

If you missed it, a year ago she was at the centre of a furore when she called some Irish journalists homophobic in a debate about gay marriage, and the people she named sued the station she said that on. The channel settled out of court and apologised. She then gave this also brilliant speech:

[YOUTUBE]WXayhUzWnl0[/YOUTUBE]

#1 CuriousLiaison, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Re: Panti Bliss gives brilliant follow-up speech about homophobia, gets standing ovat

That just made my day thank you.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Panti Bliss gives brilliant follow-up speech about homophobia, gets standing ovat

Thank you so much for posting this. I had seen the earlier speech but not the more recent one. What a wonderful spokesperson!

4. allnewtome

Incredible

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

That was brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

6. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

A great video. Should be compulsory viewing for straight people!

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I watched the first link.. To be honest when I looked at it at first I didn't know if I could make it to 19 minutes but I did! And I loved every minute of it! Well done Panti! You definitely got the crowd thinking.. and you definitely hit home with me and how I have felt regarding my sexuality in the past. Freak was just one of the many things I use to believe I was! That was until I grew up and realised that it's not what us gay people are that makes us feel shitty about ourselves it's societies views on us based on WHAT WE DO IN BED! I personally loved how Panti described us as HUMANS. I have so much respect for this person right now. You have a new fan Panti! ♥ xo